2013 Sebastopol Breeding/Gosling Thread

Mine did eat one of the baby trees. Or played with it until it uprooted
lol.png

Cochins1088- any progress on the little ones?

Mine did eat one of the baby trees. Or played with it until it uprooted
lol.png

Cochins1088- any progress on the little ones?

Goose-lynn passed away. When she started showing those symptoms, I knew that she wouldn't make it. She lasted for about 9 hours after that was posted.

I was worried that it was because of her strange navel, so I talked myself into investigating to help save the other gosling. Believe me, it wasn't easy to do. I loved my little Goose-lynn. Upon my investigation, I realized that what is going on with their navels seems to be harmless and I'm fairly sure that it won't affect Gooser in any negative way.

I believe that Goose-lynn died because of an absorption problem. I found a full sized yolk sac in her body cavity even though she was over 3 days old. She most likely died due to the lack of nutrition...

Gooser is very healthy, though he cries whenever I'm not there next to him. I need to find him a buddy. For now, he talks to a mirror that I put in his pen and he sleeps snuggled up to a small plush cat.

Question - is the sebastopol gene frizzle? Is that what it is? And is it a dominent gene? There were pics posted that looked like they may have been mixed with a saddleback pomeranian. Or is that a different variety/color of sebby's? I'm kinda wondering b/c I want both sebastopols AND saddleback pomeranians and IDK if they'd stick to their own kind (mate for life kind of thing?) or if they'd just breed with whatever's out there. And if they did mix breed, would the babies still be 'frizzle-like"??

Also - I'm in Wisconsin. Does anyone have anything for sale at the moment? I'm going to be picking up an incubator out of my paycheck on Friday, so I could always see about eggs. But I'd hate to spend a lot of money on eggs and they don't turn out. THis would be my first hatching ever.

Domestic geese are not monogamous although some are quite particular and have favorites.

I doubt you'd be happy with the cross. Some long streamers but not the "frizzle" you are looking for.

Last edited:
Also - I'm in Wisconsin. Does anyone have anything for sale at the moment? I'm going to be picking up an incubator out of my paycheck on Friday, so I could always see about eggs. But I'd hate to spend a lot of money on eggs and they don't turn out. THis would be my first hatching ever.

It's kind of late in the season for eggs. If that's the only reason you'd buy an incubator, I would wait on that.

Back
Top Bottom