2015 BYC Calendar - Your Pictures Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
How do we know if our pictures are the right size? I have a pretty good camera, but am not sure on the size. I'm trying to upload some, but it keeps saying my photos exceed the max size, even when I choose the smallest size available. I'd love to enter. Can someone help me out? Or is there an email I can send them too?
If your camera is at at least 7 Megapixels then it should have high enough resolution as long as you don't crop the photo. If your photos are downloaded on your computer, you should be able to right click on the photo file and check the pixel dimensions under properties. Are you using the insert image icon at the top of the reply box (icon looks like photo of mountains next to the film clip icon)? If you click on that you can insert the image in your post. Hmm... although it sounds like you are using that icon when you say you are choosing "the smallest size available." I wonder if your photos are in a difficult to recognize form. Are they saved in the form of a jpeg file? Also, make sure your camera's picture quality setting is not set to "Raw."

My Polish rooster!

We rescued him on the side of the highway. All his siblings got squished and his mother was nowhere to be found. But we did know that they are flock animals, so we have since brought him to a wildlife rescue and rehabilitation center where he has been put with lots of other ducks like him. I miss him though. =( We had him for two weeks. He's a yellow backed whistling duck.

Awwwwwww. Poor little guy!!!! Thank heaven you rescued him. I absolutely LOVE ducks, but I don't have water for them to swim in, so they wouldn't stick around for very long. I once saw a picture of an adorable baby drake who was named Lloyd.
lau.gif
He was precious. What kind of duck is this one?

PS He DEFINITELY deserves a spot on the calendar. In fact, it should be dedicated to him and he can be the mascot!

Awwwwwww. Poor little guy!!!! Thank heaven you rescued him. I absolutely LOVE ducks, but I don't have water for them to swim in, so they wouldn't stick around for very long. I once saw a picture of an adorable baby drake who was named Lloyd.
lau.gif
He was precious. What kind of duck is this one?

PS He DEFINITELY deserves a spot on the calendar. In fact, it should be dedicated to him and he can be the mascot!
He's a Yellow bellied whistling duck. His name was Dash, cuz when we caught him, he jumped into the car and crawled up into the dashboard where we couldn't get him. We had to drive home with him up in there and do a stake out till he came out. He was sweet! after a little while of living with us, he began to follow us around. We would stroll around the neighborhood with him following behind. So cute! We did quail before, but this duck had so much more personality! Ducks are definitely my favourite now too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom