2016 U.S. Election, Who Are You Voting For?

Who Are You Voting For?

• Donald Trump

Votes: 43 54.4%
  • Hillary Clinton

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Gary Johnson

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • No one

Votes: 9 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't like our current system and really question the results of several elections. I would like to see popular vote brought back and the way presidential candidates run for office changed completely. It's too much about money and corporate sponsorship and not enough about what is good for most of Us. I don't think candidates need to go cross country to raise votes. Maybe before the internet and the popularity of tv. Network tv could easily afford free presidential debates and anybody can afford to start a website. I think if money is taken out of the equation, some very intelligent and caring individuals could run for office and do a much better job of it. They wouldn't have to be millionaires, have been to Harvard or Yale or cater to corporations and agree to questionable things just to run. I would also really like to see 2 term limits for all government positions and get rid of lifetime appointments.

Sorry, I'll get off My soapbox. As far as our current candidates, the lesser evil imo is Trump. But if I had a good alternative I would jump at it.

Last edited:
I personally don't like our current system and really question the results of several elections. I would like to see popular vote brought back and the way presidential candidates run for office changed completely. It's too much about money and corporate sponsorship and not enough about what is good for most of Us. I don't think candidates need to go cross country to raise votes. Maybe before the internet and the popularity of tv. Network tv could easily afford free presidential debates and anybody can afford to start a website. I think if money is taken out of the equation, some very intelligent and caring individuals could run for office and do a much better job of it. They wouldn't have to be millionaires, have been to Harvard or Yale or cater to corporations and agree to questionable things just to run. I would also really like to see 2 term limits for all government positions and get rid of lifetime appointments.

Sorry, I'll get off My soapbox. As far as our current candidates, the lesser evil imo is Trump. But if I had a good alternative I would jump at it.

Eliminating the electoral system would be a terrible mistake. That is the only thing that allows smaller states a measure of independence. We are the United States, not the united people .

Term limits would not be bad, if it came with a life time ban on lobbying afterwards. Now they leave office and make millions lobbying for the people they already did favors for.

This was posted on Facebook, apologies to the Queen.

That reminds me, has anyone been watching those Bad Lip Reading videos of the presidential debates? Oh my gosh! I think my daughter and I have some of them completely memorized. Mindless, oh yeah, but SO FUNNY!

I have to agree with what you have said. I'm an independent voter now, but used to be a registered Republican. I believe that both of the 2 main parties have become corrupt, and are no longer for the people (unless they have tons of money).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom