2017 BYC Calendar - Your Pictures Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Thank you both. She was a favorite. Why is it always a favorite? She'd survived multiple predator attacks that required special attention which all made her very tame, especially for her breed. :(
Awww....so sad....I am mourning with you as we lost a pretty chicken today too. Our little mama hen had 4 chicks when we left for church and only 3 when we came back. We tried to put them away before we left but couldn't catch them or lure them with food..........so sad. I heard the road runner when I was out looking so I think it might have gotten a little chick. I'm so sorry for your chicken :(

i lost the ability to edit my post about 10 days ago, so i would assume no
unless you can still edit yours, there again, my entry was on page 23 so its likely been logged
I can't edit mine either and I am on page 37 or 38. So many great pictures! I wouldn't want to be a judge!

Everyone's pictures are way better then mine, I don't stand a chance
I feel the exact same way!
wink.png

Quote:
Thank you. She did pass away. She was very much a hen who laid beautiful pearly white eggs. It's not unheard for hens to grow spurs. She was one of out two hens I've had with them. My other was a SLW. As for her comb size, it was average for her breed. Maybe the close up and angle makes it look larger than it was.

Last edited:
Cutiechook is right, thats a roo.

She was a hen, 2-3 years old and laid beautiful eggs. Hens can and do grow spurs. You will find info about it in some threads here. Hens will sometimes take on the characteristics of roosters (particularly when there isn't one in the flock) including behavior, crowing and spurs.

Last edited:
She was a hen, 2-3 years old and laid beautiful eggs. Hens can and do grow spurs. You will find info about it in some threads here. Hens will sometimes take on the characteristics of roosters (particularly when there isn't one in the flock) including behavior, crowing and spurs.
Interesting. I knew that they did a kindof sex reversal, but I did not realize they went as far as developing spurs. I am sorry you lost her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom