2019 may hatch a long!!!!!!

just a bit of advice... Those cartons that you have the eggs in are going to soak up a LOT of the humidity because they are like cardboard, so I would recommend using a PLASTIC, not cardboard egg carton...

I had an 80% hatch rate with my last hatch. I haven’t had any humidity issues. I watch my incubator like a hawk, and those come out during lockdown

@Rockporters- no new baby pictures until tomorrow. The last hatchling took forever to hatch and is still a little weak and sleepy but looking stronger than two hours ago. Buff naked neck- nice deep gold. I'm putting everybody to bed and not messing with them until morning.

Regarding splash. Yours might be? I have found they don't look splash so much when born-at least mine generally haven't. This is a chick of mine from a few years back- he was my first splash and I had no idea he was splash until he lost his baby fuzz. (yes he had a naked neck in the first picture-just all scrunched down). I was thinking some kind of partridge at the time? And he got splashier- more pronounced light and dark splotchy as time went by. But I've had some splashes since that were more grayish very early. You may have a few color surprises as they grow.
19.jpg

Last edited:
@jas humbert I hope all of your chicks are doing well this morning.

What a lovely NN! Wild color change! I have a blue 8 week old.

I’m sure you’re right, there will be color surprises for sure. The “maybe” splash is one of the chicks I plan to keep. I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

5E3A23B6-F770-4B9B-9996-D752640918DC.jpeg
F1C27863-CBED-4384-8E04-D22D2F4B3ABC.jpeg

Okay guys help me out here. Hatching Muscovy ducks and we are now currently on day 29. Not sure how it happened but while I was outside working on repairing fenceline the incubator got unplugged. When I plugged it back in it ready 78.5 humidity was still at right around 58% please tell me my chicks still have a chance. In 8 years of hatching eggs never had this happen.

Okay guys help me out here. Hatching Muscovy ducks and we are now currently on day 29. Not sure how it happened but while I was outside working on repairing fenceline the incubator got unplugged. When I plugged it back in it ready 78.5 humidity was still at right around 58% please tell me my chicks still have a chance. In 8 years of hatching eggs never had this happen.
What are trying to keep your humidity at? It should still only be around 40%.

I was told with Muscovy to keep it around 45-50% until lock down then up to 68% for lock down until hatch. Have done that so far in hatches and have had great luck but never had my incubator turn off mid incubation

We have had pretty much straight rain since I set the eggs with a day or two off here or there but humidity in the normal air is around 40-50% so hard to get it below that.

Morning hatching friends! I handled some eggs today as the incubator was smelling a bit off. I think I found the culprit. Does this look like a quitter to you?
Same egg, 2 angles.

Attachments

• 20190604_080726.jpg
    20190604_080726.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190604_080700.jpg
    20190604_080700.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 8
Got the hatcher up and running last night reading 72% humidity currently and temp at 99.5 Day 32 starts at 6:30pm tonight so eggs will go into the hatcher when I get home from work around 7:30pm - 8pm. Excited to see them hatch. Candling tonight also. Fingers crossed hatching goes well. :fl

Back
Top Bottom