Ended 2024 BYC Calendar Photo Contest—We Need Your Pictures!

Pics
Last entry: French Fry taking her mandatory afternoon nap on the stairs.
IMG_7703.jpeg

Buff Orpington? She is very pretty

What a cute hen! What breed?

:love What breeds?

Camera hog! What breed?
Thank you! And yep, Poppy was a Buff Orpington! She passed very suddenly recently, this was one of the last photos I took of my sweet girl ❤️

Juniper is an ornery Australorp, Daisy is also a sweet little Buff Orpington, Cinder is a Sapphire Gem who loves to honk, and Mabel is a Red Sexlink who thinks every photo should have her in it! 😂

Aw, reminds me of my crippled chick, Kai. (Very similar markings too.) What part of it's feet/legs is crippled?
It was his upper leg. he wasn’t crippled when he hatched, but a couple days after he hatched his leg, swelled up and turned red. The leg twisted out and the bone came through and skin. I tried to fix it but it didn’t work and he finally died.
ECCBB25C-3355-43F0-A3DD-672BB8709882.jpeg
37A3C5D5-06A5-48DF-BECE-71E7E5BB5D76.jpeg

It was his upper leg. he wasn’t crippled when he hatched, but a couple days after he hatched his leg, swelled up and turned red. The leg twisted out and the bone came through and skin. I tried to fix it but it didn’t work and he finally died. View attachment 3559521View attachment 3559522
Oh, that's sad. Thanks for sharing. With mine, it hatched crippled. One leg was stuck forward and I couldn't fix it. My chick ended up passing away too.

Back
Top Bottom