24 pheasants

the1much

Currently Birdless Hippy
11 Years
Jul 20, 2008
with maurice, the original space-cowboy
WHAT am i gonna do with 24 baby ringneck pheasants,,,,,,( had ta buy em,,, they were $2 a piece,,,hehe
wink.png

should i be able to put the babies in with my golden pheasants for a few days?,, my goldens aren't "mating" yet.

Last edited:
Hi 1,
Be carefull adding your new birds to an existing pen.Your goldens have dominated that pen and will defend it.It's best to put all the birds in a new pen,both your old birds and the new birds you just got,Noone has dominated a new pen and they will all be leary.
In N.H.,Tony.

thanks Tony,,, i put them in the pen,, but in dog crates,, and i JUST got done making their new pen,, so after i cool off and get all this bird poooooo offa me,, im moving them over. i was afraid if i kept them in the "crate" my goldens would freak trying to figure out what all that noise is,,hehe,,, they barely looked at them,.
them poor birds are gonna be in heaven,, the lady i got them from had ALL 65 birds in a small pen ( 3foot x 4 foot) what an idiot,, and DIDNT them poor things STINK.
i didnt want them to "mingle" with my birds,, so i took some chicken wire and draped over and around them,,and when i take out the crates tonight, im gonna dust the area. I hated to do it that way,, but i had 2 choices,, the new birds with my other 60 or so,,,,or, with the 2 goldens for the day.
again Thanks Tony ,, i appreciate the comment.

Back
Top Bottom