2nd try letting a broody hatch eggs

13Bettys

Songster
Mar 7, 2017
Pinson, TN
Ok guys I have a broody hen sitting on 3 fertile eggs. We are about 2 weeks I don’t know exact because I was very sick for a week and my husband isn’t as observant about these things. My best guess is 15 days in maybe . Last time we had 5 fertile eggs but none hatched It’s a different hen this time so hopefully there will be different results. She seems to be doing a wonderful job. I candle the other day and all 3 are growing at about the same rate and I saw movement. The only concern I have is that she is at the bottom of the 27 hen pecking order and has physical deformities but is over a year old and does things her own way to make it work for her. We are working on a separate area for when chicks hatch but other hens have ran her off her nest before

Well we are going to build a small hut that the lid will open on and have about a 10ftx16ft area at the end of our run to put them in so they can see the others but not touch. We also plan to put our rooster in there after babies can integrate into flock.

Update on eggs, we are down to 2. One got busted and eaten

Back
Top Bottom