3-4 month old silkie... BOY or GIRL? - More pics

The tail feathers appear to be that of a young cockerel, but the comb shows that it may be a pullet. I would wait to see if it crows.

Don't be soooo sure. I have 4 silkies they are all white. I thought they were all rooster until 2 of them laid eggs recently. They are 8 months old and the other 2 ain't crowing yet. I was sure the other one was a rooster but she was just laying a couple weeks ago. That hen of mine has a bigger comb than urs! HAHA so u never know.

your blue silkie looks like a girl. I want some blue silkies too. for they have the best color. and the males, on a pic I seen, have like a black diamond shape above their beak which looks cool... and they have a ratio to make black babies even if you mate grey and grey/blue and blue silkies. if you mate a blue silkie and a black, the babies will be black. but if you mate blue silkie with blue silkie, you can get "splash" which I googled what it looks like, and i was like, not bad.. would be nice to have that kind of variety. I couldn't decide between Buff silkie, white silkie, or buff silkie, but I want to keep each purebred or only get the blue and let the ratio do its thing like it should ;)

He is so cute! I have found a way to prevent my cockeral from crowing. He crowed for about two to three weeks every day, But then I started using a rooster alarm clock. When he hears the big loud crow over and over, he doesn't crow. I know it is sort of sad that he doesn't think he is head rooster.. But now I can keep him! yay!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom