3 Chickens Deads other sick, HELP!!

sega

Songster
10 Years
Aug 6, 2010
Ludowici, GA.
My chickens are dying. Symptoms, having a hard time breathing neck tilted back, bright yellow runny diarrhea discharge, eyes running water and closed like they are sleeping, laying on the ground no energy. Will post pictures of the birds that are still alive. Is this Newcastle Disease?

Here are the pictures. I am thinking that this may be fowl cholera the more I study. I have over a hundred chickens within just a few feet of each other. The ages ranging from 2 weeks to full gown. Just hope I can get this under control before it kills all of them.

sickchick1.jpg

sickchick2.jpg

sickchick3.jpg

sickchick4.jpg

sickchick5.jpg

sickchick6.jpg

sickchick7.jpg

sickchick8.jpg

sickchick9.jpg

This could be a situation that gets bad fast. I hope you get help quickly, when you say over a hundred of birds within a few feet, that can be overwhelming. Good luck, I am really hoping you get others that chime in that know way more than I do.

THose are beautiful birds by the way.

Last edited:
Sega. I strongly urge you to contact your county extension office and try to get a necrosy done at your state lab, veterinary college or some place like that to find out what your dealing with. It's sounds like it's contageous whatever is or possibly bad feed, I'm not sure. You need a necropsy performed. Good luck.

Quote:
I agree! IF you lose your whole flock from this, you will need to know how to treat the land soil, fences and buildings so this will not happen again. Obviously its infectious and that is not a good sign. Take care of your flock, contact the extension service in your area, necropsy is an expense, yet, it can benefit your birds that are living or future birds. I would not guess what it is, but it looks painful for your boy and gals.

I am so sorry!!!!
hugs.gif

From the symptoms you listed it sounds most like Infectious Coryza, Infectious Laryngotracheitis, or Fowl Cholera. That's just a best guess.

Hopefully you have an extension office in your area that will actually help! I called before because I had a sick chicken and wanted to find out ahead of time in case it was serious what I should do and they actually laughed at me!
somad.gif

Again, best of luck
fl.gif
and I'm so sorry your boys and girls are so sick:hit

Back
Top Bottom