3 chickens killed today :(

hi my name is michelle, im so sorry for your loss of your babies....i feel like people who have never had chickens have no idea how much of a special pet they are......i had 3 beautiful 3 yr old hens, 1 ri red, 1 barred rock and an americauna....it was the best thing to go out in my ard on my days off and hang out in the yard with my 3 hens and my 2 cats, it just made me feel good....then then end of march my boyfriedn who locks them in their coop at night forgot that one night and my luna americauna was killed, i was heartbroken.....then it got even worse....last friday night the 2 left were loked in the coop and at 330am heard a scream went running down to the coop to find some animal got in and killed dahlia my barred rock, she was really kind of the favorite, she wuld get on my boyfriends shoulder , and she survived a pit bull attack, a random pitbull came thru my yard 2 summers ago after 150.00 and 100 stitches dahlia survived and was doing so well.....after losing 2 i was absolutely devastated, couldnt eat, couldnt sleep and couldnt stop crying, and felt so much guilt that i couldnt keep them safe......so i felt bad for my poor lonely ruby my ri red and we wnet and got 3 9wk old chicks, they seemto be doing ok together, they sleep together at night and are starting to hangout a little during the day...ruby still has to show them who the boss is.....we think it was a fox that got ours too.....i cnt believe how sad i am everyday to not go down and let my 3 beautiful chickens out to roam the yard

Back
Top Bottom