3 Day Long Hatching Demo

JekkaLynn

Songster
5 Years
Apr 25, 2014
Ontario
Hello everyone.

I need some help. My friend and I are trying to organize a live hatching demonstration for a fair on Thursday, September 24th, Friday, September 25th, and Saturday, September 26th.

I have been having nothing but trouble the last few months and so all my plans for getting a large variety of purebred eggs and of different types of poultry eggs had to be abandoned. I will be lucky of I can scrape together a few chicken and quail eggs. I have two incubators so I will use one for incubating and one for Lockdown. I am trying to figure out what days I need to set the eggs on So that I will have eggs hatching each day of the fair.
I will definetly have chicken eggs and am talking to someone right now about getting some quail eggs. When do I need to set them by?

I was thinking of setting a few a day for three days since I have a separate incubator I can put them in to hatch.

Does anyone know what day I would have to set quail eggs?

Quail eggs take 2days longer then chicken eggs. The quail egg takes 23 days the chicken 21 days. I would just set on one day or two days in a row. They will not all hatch at the same time. It always takes mine 2 to 4 days for the hatch to be over from the 1st pip. I personally would set the other eggs on the 2nd.

Back
Top Bottom