3 Eggs!!!

dandelionheart

Songster
9 Years
Sep 15, 2010
Lafayette, Indiana
We got our 3 BOs and 1 RIR the first Saturday in September and then the next day we got our two EE pullets. The BOs and RIR had been laying for a while, about a year & 1/2 old... The RIR laid an egg right as we were picking them up. After laying well for about 3 or so weeks (like 2 dozen a week), they pretty much went on strike. Most days were 0-1, with the odd 2 egg day. Then Martha (EE pullet) started laying her pretty aqua egg two weeks ago. Last week we had a strange speckled brown egg - and I am 95% sure it is our RIR, she has popped a couple of more out. I think we had only been getting BO eggs until now. Did Martha's laying start back up Henrietta's (the RIR)? We got 3 eggs today and I am over the moon...
celebrate.gif
Georgia (the other EE) should be laying soon too (she has been squatting for over two weeks and is super squatting now, her comb is lighter than the others though... Will we now get an awesome jump in production or am I being overly optimistic? Everybody (but Georgia)'s combs seem to be redder than before... I am crossing my fingers like crazy!!!
fl.gif
D.gif
I would be so thrilled if we got 5-6 eggs a day.
wee.gif

Well, the 4 laying hens (RIR & 3 BOs) were a gift (rehomed from people who had sucky neighbors), so I didn't really have any say on egg color and then we added 2 EEs to the "flock". When Martha finally laid our first EE egg were were overjoyed about her aqua-ness... but then we were surprised when one of the other laying hens (the RIR) started laying again and it was med. brown with dark speckles! She must have taken a while (2 1/2 months) to adjust to her new home! So then if Georgia (EE) starts laying any day now - at what, 33 1/2 weeks, we may have four types of eggs. I'm hoping Georgia lays a very green egg. I wouldn't mind having a white egg layer later... if those first four ever have a chance to go back to where we got them (if the ordinance passes), I have quite a few ideas of different types to get...
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom