3 week old ISA Brown Pullets... not sure if one's a rooster?

I bought 3 ISA pullets from TSC this past Friday, so I will be following this!! Mine are all reddish in color, though, none silver/white. One seems to be developing slower in the wing department, but I am not sure if this is a bird bred through the slow-feathering/rapid-feathering mix, so feather sexing is probably not possible.

I bought 3 ISA pullets from TSC this past Friday, so I will be following this!! Mine are all reddish in color, though, none silver/white. One seems to be developing slower in the wing department, but I am not sure if this is a bird bred through the slow-feathering/rapid-feathering mix, so feather sexing is probably not possible.
It's a color sexlink, not a feather sexing cross. Females are red/gold, males are white/silver.

I have the same birds, from TSC as well. Got 6 "pullets", but 1 of them is identical to your white one...we are convinced that she is a he.
Yeah, I just wish there was an easier way to tell when they're younger, because I know my family definitely doesn't want a rooster.

I bought 3 ISA pullets from TSC this past Friday, so I will be following this!!  Mine are all reddish in color, though, none silver/white.  One seems to be developing slower in the wing department, but I am not sure if this is a bird bred through the slow-feathering/rapid-feathering mix, so feather sexing is probably not possible.
yeah, maybe the one I'm suspecting could be just a late developer, not sure though. Don't they grow so fast?! We've only had ours for a few weeks and they've at least tripled in size already, and if you take the bars off their brooder, they try to fly out, haha! :)

The only way it would be possible for red/gold ISA Brown chicks to be cockerels is if they aren't ISAs at all.
Not particularly concerned about that. Despite some of the issues folks have reported here, my TSC is a pretty well educated place. They seem to know their stuff...plus my late bloomer looks just like the other two little ladies, just a little short on wing.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom