3 week old Peachick not feeling well. PLEASE HELP!!!

SlickChick76

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2015
Port Orange, Florida
Good Morning,

I purchased this baby on July 3 with two other slightly bigger Peachicks.
She had been started on Medicated Chick Starter and Game Bird food.

With me, she is eating Game food, and was doing well until two days ago when I noticed she seemed a little "slow".
I observed her eating, and started giving her .5ml of Poultry Cell 3x daily, and she seemed to be improving. This morning, she seems to have no appetite and slightly more lethargic.

I do not suspect parasites, but will treat if recommended.

PLEASE tell me what I can give her and the dosage in addition to the Poultry Cell.
I have several antibiotics on hand including Tylan 50 injectable, Vetricmycin 100 injectable amongst other things.

Thank you for your time,
Danielle

Last edited:
Good Morning,

With me, she is eating Game food, and was doing well until two days ago when I noticed she seemed a little "slow".
I observed her eating, and started giving her .5ml of Poultry Cell 3x daily, and she seemed to be improving. This morning, she seems to have no appetite and slightly more lethargic.

PLEASE tell me what I can give her and the dosage in addition to the Poultry Cell.
I have several antibiotics on hand including Tylan 50 injectable, Vetricmycin 100 injectable amongst other things.

Thank you for your time,
Danielle
@SlickChick76 , sick birds need to be inside in a warm room (80-85 degrees is ideal), so do that. What does her poop look like? How much does she weigh? Gotta be honest, she looks pretty close to dying, so would be best to get her to a vet if can can manage it.

Can you get Corid?

Here are two links:

-Kathy

Last edited:
Thank you, Kathy,

The temperature outside is 93, and really hasn't dropped below 80.
I have started her on Sulmet since this is what I had on hand.

I have been syringing her .5ml every hour or so and will bring her to an Avian Vet if need be.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks again for the guidance.

Good Morning,

Thank you for your time,
Danielle

I agree with Kathy, and in my opinion I would only use the medicated feed. Since a medicated feed and another non medicated feed are being mixed that makes it weaker which means higher risk for your chicks. Are they in an area that could be possibly wet and warm? If so I wouldn't be surprised if this was coccidiosis. Coccidiosis thrives in wet and warm environments. Corid is what you need to treat for coccidiosis. Get it as soon as possible.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom