<\3....

Have you discussed starting public school with your mother? I am NOT trying to start a home schooling debate at all, but as the mother of 4 sons I can tell you, public school is one of the best things I do for my kids. My oldest son is 15 and a super geek/brain child. He is absolutely anti social and would crawl off in a cavewith a book and computer forever if he could. However, in public school he is forced to interact with other people from every walk of life. He has a tiny little group of awesome friends who have so much in common with him because every day he is forced to face and overcome his shyness.

Wallowing in self pity will just drag you down more and more. You have to stand up, realize your own worth. When you can't, pretend. Believe it or not, you will eventually trick yourself into feeling better. Good luck.

A 4H or FFA club can help you overcome some of your shyness!

I used to be that way....as soon as I come home, I'm safe and secure and don't want to go out and make friends. I'm happy in my own little world.

When I got into college into the work program, it opened my eyes and I was able to spread my wings and FLY! Not a regret.

Go for your goals, don't let ANYONE tell you otherwise!

You sound ALOT like me growing up. Not to mention, I grew up to be a vet tech, lol. Hang in there. I battled depression from grade school on, with some of the times being REALLY bad, if you know what I mean. Mom always thought I was feeling sorry for myself. I wasn't close to my family at all. I was convinced my older brother and younger sister hated me. They hung out in the same circle of friends, I was not wanted in it. I was shy too, and my interests were plants and animals. People at school always thought I was a snob, but I was really just shy. I know things look very grim right now. They will get better. I had no one to talk to, and I know that makes things so much worse. Have you tried talking to your mom? She may not be aware of how down you are. I agree that since you are homeschooled, maybe find a 4h group or something. They have everything from livestock, to dogs, to bunnies, and of course, chickens. You will most definitely find some like minded kids there! Don't worry about the math thing. I hated math, and still do. I barely skated by in school. Part of the reason I did so poorly in school is because of the depression, I feel. Hard to try really hard when you don't feel like your worth it. I sub in the school district now. Let me tell you about feeling stupid. Having to help 4'th and 5'th graders with math, and I can't remember how to do half of it! Maybe ask your mom about a special tutor for math? I agree that you just might need a different teaching method. I hate to say this, but I wouldn't be a teenager again for nothing. Unless of course I could go back with the knowledge I have now. I know it feels really overwhelming right now, but in the grand scheme of things, it really is such a small fraction of your life. Something that helped me get through the tough times was reminding myself that it will only be short time until things change. I didn't get the help I needed until I was about 24 years old. I wasted so much time being down. I wish I had received the proper diagnoses and treatment early on. It really would of made a world of difference. Please remember, you are not alone. You would be surprised how many kids are going through this exact same thing, and feel they are the only ones too. Please try talking to your parent(s) or an adult you trust. Keeping these things bottled up, and dwelling on them only add fuel to the fire. Trust me, I know.

Last edited:
Okay Orps, let's try something here.

Do you think I'm stupid? Do you consider me to be unintelligent? Maybe I'm overly confident, but I think (I hope!) the answer is no.
Do you consider yourself stupid because you struggle with math? The answer seems to be yes.

I am a year and a half behind my grade level when it comes to math. Yes, I just posted that on a public message board. Do you know why? Because it doesn't mean I'm stupid. It means that I struggle with math. I read at a college level, and don't understand what my friends are saying when they discuss mathematical concepts.
You're not stupid.
hugs.gif

Okay Orps, let's try something here.

Do you think I'm stupid? Do you consider me to be unintelligent? Maybe I'm overly confident, but I think (I hope!) the answer is no.
Do you consider yourself stupid because you struggle with math? The answer seems to be yes.

I am a year and a half behind my grade level when it comes to math. Yes, I just posted that on a public message board. Do you know why? Because it doesn't mean I'm stupid. It means that I struggle with math. I read at a college level, and don't understand what my friends are saying when they discuss mathematical concepts.
You're not stupid.
hugs.gif
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom