32 wk old buff orpington not laying why????

riversedgefarm

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 13, 2012
starr sc
Ok so I still new to chickens we got are first leghorns from tsc in april since then I'm hooked
Had to but this breed that breed read all kinds of books. Anywas I bought some buff orpingtons th ey was 24wks when I got 2 months ago still not one darn egg I feeding 22%layer pellets
The free range in day hen house at night. I have even went egg hunting in the yard nothing. And it not just them my red sexlink my production reds all of them are atleast 6 months dang it I have 70 chickens now. I do not have a problem lol:D but for months now it all feed feed feed dang it I want eggs just 1 darn egg if anyone knows something I'm missing please help I'm lost here:rolleyes::/

Wow ! If they are truly 32 weeks old someone should be laying. My red sex links started laying at 17 weeks and haven't stopped even in Texas heat. You may need to get the kids out for an egg hunt..I bet you will find some under something..shrubs,,bushes..wheelbarrow..somewhere..I don't let my hens out until after 11:00 when they are pretty much through laying..but I leave the coop door open for them and they will still go to the nest box to lay.When my older hens slack off I give them oatmeal soaked in a little water or milk.. works every time..they love it..go

Back
Top Bottom