***<3ChickenForever and ChickenPeep's CHAT thread!***

I have meat birds! My dad calls them "Dinner number 1", "Dinner number 2", and so on.
lau.gif

I'm not sure if I told y'all this but I got 12 new birds around the middles of August. two of them died from a coyote. When we got them they were about 2 months old maybe? But 3 out of the 10 turned out to be roosters! They are gorgeous! One of the roo's is a half silkie and his name is Jaz!

Hahaha, that's something my dad would do too!
lol.png

You're lucky; 3 out of 10 is a pretty good ratio! I had 8 out of 11 be roosters once.
th.gif

You named him Jaz? That's awesome! I remember that story you used to write about your chickens, that's how I first met you! One of the rooster's names was Jaz in your story and I really liked that name so I named one of my bantams Jaz. He's gone now but he was so sweet. That feels like it was so long ago! And now you named one of your roosters Jaz. That's just kinda cool to me.
tongue.png

Well I thought he was a girl so I named him Jasmine lol but he turned out to be a boy so I changed it to Jaz. But omg you are right!! Haha I remember writing those stories; it was awesome. I kind of want to reread them!
D.gif

Nice! I did that with a rabbit once. I named him Daisy but it turned out to be a boy, but we still called him Daisy.
lol.png

Yes, those stories were so great! I miss the old times when we would read the stories all the time and chat on threads. Those were fun times. But now we're in high school and have other things to do.

Ugh I miss those times too!! Being in middle school was easy and we had so much fun on here!!! Now we can hardly come on here
sad.png

My sweet Creamy is gone. My beautiful boy is dead. A mink got him and Creamy put up a real good fight. He protected his ladies. The mink is dead now. I miss my boy
hit.gif
If you don't know Creamy he is the one in my avi.
hit.gif

To <3ChickenForever: Sorry for your loss. I'm sure Creamy was an amazing bird. I once lost my best friend ( and first ever chicken) Molly. She was a little bantam and she would follow me everywhere. She would sit in my lap while I hand fed her, and would fly up on my shoulder. One summer night she went to sleep and never woke up. We never truly knew how she died, but I will miss her always, and I know she ( and every other bird I have ever lost) are looking down on my from the Chicken Coop in the sky. We still have her sister Kissy, so her memory lives on in here sister and in my heart. I know Creamy looks after you as he plays and frolics with all the other birds in that beautiful big red coop in the sky. I will remember him if that helps. - Cassie

I'm so sorry <3ChickenForever! Creamy was such a great guy. He will be missed.
hit.gif
Those roosters are so strong. At least you can know he died trying to do his sole job as a rooster, and succeeded in doing that. I hope all of your other chickens are okay.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom