3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
I'm thinking of the same thing. I have 4 LG's, all with turners, 1 with a fan. I think they hold about 42 or so at a time. Early in the year I had them all full at the same time. Just recently I figured I could set eggs once a week! But, I think I'd rather move up to a bigger bator. With a cabinet bator, my LG's could be used for hatching.

My bigger problem is brooders and grow out pens. I went to Lowe's looking for more huge plastic tubs but they didn't have what I bought before.

Any suggestions?

Quote:
I have some of Mr. Heinz's Iowa Blues going for this hatch
fl.gif
love.gif
love.gif
Thanks for the chic pic
love.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
You forgot St Patricks Day!
tongue.png
I don't even know when it is bit I know it's big over there.
lol.png

I love Google: St. Patrick's Day is on Saturday, 17 March 2012 so there is your March one.
big_smile.png

Edit: and I see someone beat me too it. Oh well.
lol.png

It's not really a "Holiday", but in lieu of something better, aren't most State Fairs in August? Don't think anyone will cry "Fowl Foul".
hu.gif

We used to have a Festival down here in South Texas during August called the Folk Life Festival but they changed it to June because August was tooo hot
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
So now instead of being in August with 101* it's in a month of 100* days
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
Sooo much cooler
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
I have a stock tank at the top of our hill we keep guppies and minnows in to breed so we can put them down in our pond to keep the mosquitos in check. My hubby loves to go feed them in the stock tank and every time he walks by the tank they flock and follow him around
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Quote:
I have started a lot in cardboard boxes. I have some galvanized water troughs also. I wish they made the clear tubs in bigger sizes. I love being able to see them through the sides. I just have too many at a time for small containers.

Quote:
I have started a lot in cardboard boxes. I have some galvanized water troughs also. I wish they made the clear tubs in bigger sizes. I love being able to see them through the sides. I just have too many at a time for small containers.

Down here we have Walmart and at Christmas time you can get huge plastic bins to put Christmas trees in after the hoildays. They are like the plastic shoe boxes but big enough to hold a tree. I use them for my tortoises. They usually only have 15 or so and they are stored up high in the Christmas dept and not real visable. Usually if you ask they will tell you if they have any or not
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Yeah, ditto on the plastic totes! I just place a length of wire mesh of any kind on the top, depending on where you put the box and the predation levels. My cat sleeps on top of the wire and watches "chick tv" She doesn't want to eat them, just watch them.
smile.png
Luckily I have a few extra totes so I switch them out to hose off.
smile.png
Just moved 5 chicks outside because it's nice enough here to do so.

Back
Top Bottom