3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

My 4yo grandson will be staying with me this weekend ( part of the reason I decided to do this hatch); does anyone know of a good kid book about chickens or hatching that we can read together?

Mahroni, may I ask why you're having your roos decrowed (is that a word)? I'm curious if doing that would allow people to keep roos in urban/suburban areas with restrictions, since the restrictions are because of noise issues. Yet, I can't imagine that lawmakers would have the foresight to write a law that allows a fixed rooster rather than banning them outright. Any way, just interested.

Quote:
WAHOO! Prayers are answered. We should have some pipping and zipping tomorrow then!!! I hope the Swedes are alive!

My eggs all look like the aircells are too large. I'll be upping the humidity to 70% on lockdown and hope that's enough.

I'm hoping that without crowing, I won't have any complaints again. I've got some really beautiful stock and I'd hate to see that go to waste.

Quote:
Wow, Laree, just what you didn't need. I'm sorry for the loss of your special girl, and your incubator failure. I hope you have better luck in the New Year!

Julie

Oh my goodness! I just changed the batteries in my little flashlight and kinda peeked into some eggs. That's not candling, y'know. I didn't move the eggs at all. Some clears, some with well-defined air cells, and veins and things. And then some of the stuff in one of the eggs MOVED! Unless something bad happens between now and 1/5/12, I have at LEAST ONE EGG out of 77 developing AND alive!
wee.gif

Yes, I set late. Four days late.

I always assume the worst and don't expect any to hatch. That way I've been pleasantly surprised instead of disappointed. All I "need" is one hatchling to survive to consider it a good hatch. Even with the most eggs I've ever set, I still feel the same way. Sure, more would be wonderful, and it's really better if at least two hatch, but.... I haven't killed these eggs yet!

Good morning. I get to sleep an extra hour today, I don't have to be to work until 8. So that means... I was up at 3, can't sleep. Might as well go into work and do my mandatory OT.

Still trying to find a good home for my 2 extra ducks. I thought I had a handle on brooder destruction then I almost doubled my ducks again. You should have seen the brooder this morning. Well, no... I'm glad I didn't memorialize that mess with a photo.

Back
Top Bottom