3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Pretty splash Silkies Beth! I hatched a splash Silkie roo out of my first ever try at incubating. Hatched out a black pullet too.
big_smile.png
Pairing them up hoping for some blue Silkie chicks on New Years Day.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Hubby and I will be in again this year! I can't fill the form out yet, because how many eggs we set will be dependant on how many eggs the girls lay before then. When is the dealine to fill out the form?

I just joined. I'll be setting 12+ lemon cuckoo Orpington hatching eggs and maybe I'll have a broody on some eggs. I have one right now that is due to hatch mid December, but this morning I noticed my Aussie acting like she is thinking about going broody again. She has already been broody 2 times this year. Good luck to everyone.

Last edited:
Doh!!!!! I want to be in so bad.
barnie.gif
I made a big mistake and put a test hatch in a few days late, so my day 21 on those eggs is Dec. 13th!!! I was not thinking ahead!!!!! Soooo I only have 1 bator! Hmmmmm I am thinking if I can swing this. I might just join in and have to set a few days late. OR maybe I can get a broody to pre-warm them for me and then stick them into the bator???!!!!! Ok I will have to think on this. I really want to join in the fun.

I want to do this sooo bad but we will be out of town from the 21st-30th and I am not sure if I could do a dry hatch and if that would be cutting it too close to hatch getting back the 30th??? Any ideas????

Quote:
I was thinking about you....wondering if you were going to do the countdown.
bun.gif
lau.gif

HMMMMmmmmm what a dilemma ! How many eggs did you set for your test hatch? You can set some new eggs, even a few during lock down. Use the racks so they don't get kicked around 2 bad.
hu.gif
Then after they hatch, do a quick cleaning and put the eggs back in. Remember mama will leave the nest to eat & drink etc... So a few minutes out won't matter.

It is do-able !!! Not that I am an enabler or anything.
hide.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

I'm going to hatch some test eggs. I bought a pair and a trio of Bantam Black Langshans at the Eastern Iowa Poultry show last weekend and they are laying. I also have a pair of Gold Laced Polish that started laying 10 days ago. There is also my Wellie pullet that started laying but she is in the mixed flock. Her first egg is developing. I can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom