3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Show her some cute baby emu pics or some pictures from emus section of BYC.

I have been, I think the fact the it gets 5-6 ft tall is what is holding her back, and I need to find out now much food would be and if the feed store would carry it for me…… they already get in meatbird feed just for me, they are a small local place. What do you feed?

I saw some emu eggs on Ebay and was trying to figure out how to convince my poor sweet hubby that it's just a really large chicken
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
He's pretty smart though and I think he might catch on
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
He has a "thing" for large birds ever since we went to the Drive through Wildlife Ranch and an Ostrich stuck it's head into his car window and wouldn't take it out
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
He was so "freaked out" and just sat totally terrified and afraid to move until he got up the nerve to throw the bucket of food out of the window and close it tight:gig
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
. We did not feed any more of the animals after that and left quickly
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

Quote:
Yeah Me
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
I am just about finished roofing the first run so now I'm planning the second Koopola and run
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Check out what
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
love.gif
Charm 1704 just delivered to my sweet baby last night to bring home to me for my Christmas hatch - It looks like the beautious eggs you sent
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
Deb
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

http://www.melissaroselang.com/eggs.jpg

Christmas hatch! Maybe since my eggs will be here sooner than expected, I'll have to do the christmas hatch instead. I'm either going to have to set late or early. Either way, I just hope to get something alive at the end of it!

I'm currently highest bidder on 3 sets of eggs. We'll see what happens. I got out bid on the sweedish flower hen eggs.

Laree says she has room in her bator...
If not I'll have to set up my bators and hope for the best.

Quote:
I have a limit on how much I will pay for eggs. If it goes over $34 for the dozen (with shipping), I'm done.

Quote:
I have a limit on how much I will pay for eggs. If it goes over $34 for the dozen (with shipping), I'm done.

Me too, that's why I am still looking for eggs. Even at this time of the year, the auctions go too high for me to only get 50% hatch rate. I think I'll end up with my own mutt eggs.. if I can find fertile ones.
smile.png

oooh yay, i am going to pick up a chicken coop/run today! i know i wont need it til closer to spring but i can afford this one! i'm so excited, my DH better hurry up and get here so i can have the van!

Quote:
Show her some cute baby emu pics or some pictures from emus section of BYC.

I have been, I think the fact the it gets 5-6 ft tall is what is holding her back, and I need to find out now much food would be and if the feed store would carry it for me…… they already get in meatbird feed just for me, they are a small local place. What do you feed?

i don't currently have Emu, but they can be fed horse grain, chicken pelleted feed, or Payback Provider. They eat about 5-10lbs of feed per day.

Quote:
Yours can't top mine...I got 34 eggs off of Ebay 19 days ago...5 were broke which leaves 29 with scrambled air cells.......8 are in lockdown right now and, in candling one of them, I cannot see an air cell anywhere, the entire egg seems to be filled with something because I cannot see through it at all. Now that's a pretty bleak....I'm anxious to see if any of them hatches.

Back
Top Bottom