3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

So can I join in 300+ pages later? I have Jersey Giants due January 1st but probably later in the day. Here's hoping that all 11 left hatch! If you only knew how many Jersey Giant eggs not only I but another person here have been through...

Ah, mystery eggs! LOVE IT!

And I'm done with this office for the year.

Off to the accountant and then to my bator to watch and listen...

And then up the mountain... yesterday I ran up in a couple of places and the knee DID NOT HURT!

I SERIOUSLY have the best KNEE surgeon in the world... folks fly in from EUROPE and ASIA to have him work on them... it's why it took me over 6 months to get an appointment. HE IS AWESOME.

Quote:
Would that other person be me?
gig.gif

Hmmmm, I have a white bantam cochin frizzle (Batman...he's my loooooove! ) so maybe I'll cross him with my silky girls once they mature (assuming one of the 5 is a girl)

Here's my little love Batman. Not long after having a warm bath
love.gif

10dielc.jpg

Not the most colorful but he might win cutest
hide.gif

ContrastPhoto...WOW! What a handsome boy!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
We are expecting 106f on NYD!
th.gif

<snip>

So what do you do? Put ice cubes in bator to cool it down? Sorry about your toe, that hurts, but glad you saved your little goat's leg.

If I'm lucky my NYD chicks will be out by then. I do have some others cooking in another 'bator though. Usually the room the 'bators are in stays a bit cooler, one of the reasons they are in there actually but if it is getting too hot I'll have to move them into the lounge where I am sure I'll have the aircon on or I melt!
lol.png

All set, locked down and sitting on my hands LOL. I have 40 eggs set to hatch (only removed 2 early on)... I couldn't resist and added some extra eggs that were laid the next day and ended up setting more than my original 35. So, I'll have a slightly extended hatch. My blue boy must of done a good job..he had 17 hens he was covering
ep.gif

30473_dsc01402.jpg

Some of the girls taking a well deserved "beauty" break today. Nothing like a good dirt bath:)
30473_dsc01409.jpg

I think I may be crazy
hide.gif
...I'm seriously thinking about setting another 40+ eggs right after this first batch hatch.....I have over 3 dozen eggs saved for hatching, 2 dozen "eating" eggs in the fridge and about a dozen siting on the counter
th.gif

My entry for Karimw's Most Colorful Rooster Contest. I don't have any really "flashy" roos, but Barnevelders sure do have their own "shine and glitter"
smile.png

30473_dsc01411.jpg

Back
Top Bottom