3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Oh there isn't much in this world more exciting than peeps heard from within eggs! It's as if everything magical whooshes in from the cosmos as you discern the life within the egg from that little chirp.

It's at that point I almost become glued to the incubator windows. I feel myself "sharpening" my hearing, tilting my head this way and that, searching for yet another peep. Was it from this egg? Or that egg? Cmon! Peep again! Peep MORE!

In a sort of twisted fashion, the old Mervyn's commercials got it right for us: our palms pressed flat against the glass on both sides of our heads, nose prints developing on the clear surface as we half-whisper, "Open, open, open!"

I am giving this a facebook type "like"
wink.png

I wish I knew about that new years hatching contest... I set some cotournix quail eggs in around tht time, but they've already hatched...

I would've begged my mom to let me hatch some for this... but alas, I didn't know there was a new years hatch contest. This is the first time i'v went on here since I subscribed... ah, is there any other hatching contests going on for other holidays...?

Not that I'd win, or aything. My luck sucks.

Does anyone know how to wire a thermostat to a light socket...?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!

APS is trying to kill me!!! I went to the store and just as we were heading to check out, the power went down. Then power was out aaaaaalll the way to my house. I walk inside and the power has OBVIOUSLY been shut off, but not for long.

Now we are having brown-outs every 30 minutes or so.

WHAT THE HECKERDOODLES?!!

In other semi-related news: one of MY Icelandics hatched, in incubator #2. This would be the Ices pulling their "I'll hatch early!" crap. Some of my Aloha eggs are pipped as well, so...
hu.gif

As for pics: gotsta feed the fam first.

Quote:
Don't worry, we do it every year. And for Easter. And there's almost always some kind of hatch along going around the boards.

And even if you don't win you have a lot of fun and meet some new friends. That's what it's really about. (besides the chicks)

Quote:
Yeah, for our BIRTHDAY HATCH!!!! We'd set them on the 6th? or when? (for March 27th people, and we like cash or chocolate or chicks)

Yup .... set March 6th
wee.gif

In other-other news: The two "special needs" chicks have their own box and eco-glow. I am hoping a steady heat source will help them recover faster than a breezy bator. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom