3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Okay, so you guys are cracking me up! I sooooo need it today too!

We are LOCKED down! Yay! And guess what?? The 'shelf stuff' comes in an array of colors.
love.gif
. As the air cells were a bit wongo in quite a few of the eggs, I decided against putting them in egg cartons. Humidity is 71% and 31 eggs made it to the carpet of pale yellow 'shelf stuff'.

12 Black Copper Marans
5 Lemon Cuckoo Orphingtons
3 Barred Hollands
3 EE
2 Silkie
2 we think could be Silkie
2 true mystery eggs -the 8yr old filched
1 Blue Orphington
1 Lavender Orphington

And no, the child is not headed toward a life of crime. We had already paid for the eggs and she was too paralyzed by shyness to gather the eggs with the farmer next to her -so we sent her back into the barn after he left and have been teasing her ever since about it. Of course she was supposed to get Silkie eggs and gathered.... who only knows what!?

109936_2011-12-29_183454-1.jpg

Quote:
You want to talk about boys? This is my WEEK OLD duckling. His name is Kowalski but we keep calling him T-Rex, Godzilla or Duckzilla. This WEEK OLD duckling is already as big as my full grown calls got. This was the same duckling in the train for Christmas. This duckling could now EAT the train.

46869_194773_271445192910049_100001337108712_722519_1929823599_o.jpg

Quote:
You want to talk about boys? This is my WEEK OLD duckling. His name is Kowalski but we keep calling him T-Rex, Godzilla or Duckzilla. This WEEK OLD duckling is already as big as my full grown calls got. This was the same duckling in the train for Christmas. This duckling could now EAT the train.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/fo...10049_100001337108712_722519_1929823599_o.jpg

Uh... do you throw money at him to make him dance???!?!?!?
gig.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
I have had them catch their feet inbetween the rows or in the little hole on the bottom of the egg "cup". But have never had one get actually hurt. I usually take mine out, but have lost track of time and have had them hatch in the turner.

Quote:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/fo...10049_100001337108712_722519_1929823599_o.jpg

Uh... do you throw money at him to make him dance???!?!?!?
gig.gif

Melissa Rose told me to. I'm just following directions.

Quote:

Is this the same duckling that was the face-plant back into the shell?

Dang... Lookit them cankles!

Quote:
Oddly enough, I just pulled out one who's leg slipped through.

NORMALLY--I would leave the eggs in the slats in the Brinsea, but since that thing died....

The other incubators are Sommer's. I left them in the turner since Mahonri's eggs were all rescued from the brinsea. I quite litterally stacked his eggs in between my eggs due the 11th. In a perfect world, I would have used egg cartons.

The bubble wrap is from the brinsea, to keep the eggs from clacking together when you have a space in a row.
ie-

img_2328.jpg

Back
Top Bottom