3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Has anyone tried Fish Zole for wormer or Fix Flex Or Fish Mox etc? I use it religously for all my animals, but haven't put it in my poultrys water yet

Last edited:
Well Notinoz2007, you just named that bird.....Ostrich! I believe it's a rooster and I'm keeping it to replace my showgirl rooster who has a red neck instead of a black neck. This bird is so outgoing and inquisitive that I have trouble getting a pic of any other bird....This one always sticks its beak or another bird appendage in the way.

Kellyn: Yes, it's a naked neck silkie, AKA Showgirl.

Champer: I'm afraid it may already be too late for you.....
jumpy.gif

I believe I have a pip. Olive colored egg. It's a BWA X OE. I took it warm from her hind end and put it in with the other eggs that were still warming up in the bator. (It could be a SWA X OE, but I doubt it, the BWA is the dominant roo in the coop, But Olive hangs out in the coop alot because she is blind in one eye and can hardly see out of the other one. That all makes a lot of sense. I need to get pics of all three of the possible parents for you. Can't wait to construct the grow out pens tomorrow.

I've turned the light and the EcoGlow 20 on in the Laree brooder. Temp started out in the 50s and it's already up to 85 so if they get under the EcoGlow, I think they'll make it once they hatch. I'm so hoping for at least 10 out of the 19 in my Brinsea Octogon 20 Advance Ex. I may actually like this bator again.. but, the temps were all over for the first week.

Now to try and get some shut eye, again.

Quote:
Congratulations are in order.....now we "need" the baby pictures?
pop.gif
jumpy.gif

I'm gonna go check mine, but I don't expect any chicks until Saturday.

Yes we *need* baby pictures!
I dont expect any pips or hatches 'til I'm at work.
tongue.png
roll.png

That's cool. I had my last quail hatch earlier. But I don't really get excited ovr them as(much) as I used to. Ah, hat am I talking about... I can sit on the phone for hours and talk about my chickens... and i now c y ppl don't like talking with me...

Pumpkin seeds for dewormers? I heard of that. And every time I c an oldpumpki.n, I get it. My birdslove em. Glad I kept the seeds tho.

I would love to do theswap eggs thing for valentines, but my mom said no. Or maybe. But anything that isn't ok or yestranslates to no.

What kind are your new childred. XD

Back
Top Bottom