3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Went to a wedding today, gone from around noon until 11 pm. Just got caught up reading all the posts.
th.gif
DH texted me around 6 pm that our first chick hatched. It came from a green egg, but I can't see the part of the shell with the writing on it, so I don't know whether it is from Sonew or HenThymes
hu.gif
. No other action that I can see, though.

featherz - way to go, both with the NN and the after midnight chick.
celebrate.gif
How is your hen with pox? Did you try yogurt?

celebrate.gif
I'VE GOT A SPLASH chick!!!!!
wee.gif
A huge "splash" Barnevelder!!!! I can't wait to see how it looks all fluffed up...let alone feathered out. I'll post pictures as soon as I can. I tried to get some as it hatched, but they just turned out to be too blurry
barnie.gif

Trisha

Here's my first ever Splash laced Barnevelder (though still a project)
love.gif
I had to go back and take more pics, LOL.

30473_dsc01429.jpg

30473_dsc01428.jpg

I have only 3 more eggs that could produce "splash"
fl.gif
I get one more...

Trisha

Last edited:
Happy New Year everyone! I had 4 out and half a dozen pips, but no one would pop in time to beat the leader. Guess I better go to bed an leave them to it before I get tempted to lift the lid.
hide.gif

Happy New Year!!!

Loving all these chicks! I have to catch up, I had a nanna nap. I'm really to young for those...
hide.gif

Here are my NYE early birds hiding under their EcoGlow.
71252_nye_chicks.jpg

Here they all are after I stole the EcoGlow so I could get them all in the pic.
Notice anything odd? *sings* "One of these things is not like the other, one of these things just doesn't belong..."
71252_nye_odd_one_out.jpg

I'm getting a lot of noise out of the bator but I sure can't see much progress. Everybody looks like they did when I got home about 3 1/2 hours ago. "Open, open, open" I have a black silkie chick about 1/2 zipped. That's my best bet for a midnight hatch. The 4 hatchlings are sleeping in the brooder (finally).

caf.gif

jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom