3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Thanks. Yes emu prefer space to run and play. People do keep them penned but not me. I like things running wild and free. well, as long as they stay on their home territory. My emus made a couple of uninvited visits to my neighbor's house.

I was wondering if you could free-range them. I wonder if one of the "fenceless dog collars" would work to keep them from roaming too far.
gig.gif

Quote:
I am setting later on, I've got a passle of MrHeinz's and Ray_n_Debi's eggs to set. Mostly IBs and Araucaunas...
smile.png
I've also got a row of chicken eggs from reesepoultry as well as 16 quail from her as well, already in from last week. You with me?????
idunno.gif
It's crazy.

BTW, I think 2 things led to this most awesome hatch o' mine: 1 I left the eggs in the turner (although for the next I will remove turner and replace with egg cartons, the other thing is I put a half a teaspoon of vinegar in the water that I added throughout the hatch. This may have killed bacteria. (?? who knows???) Warning though: do not get any vinegar water on the eggs or add too much, it dissolves calcium-- ie, eggs.
Patty

Quote:
I had one do that last season, I had to actually bathe her. I got a small rubbermaid dish of warm soapy water, tried to keep her close to 95* so the water was about that warm too. It took some gentle work but the glue eventually melted and let her be free.

Good luck

Quote:
I had one do that last season, I had to actually bathe her. I got a small rubbermaid dish of warm soapy water, tried to keep her close to 95* so the water was about that warm too. It took some gentle work but the glue eventually melted and let her be free.

Good luck

How long did you wait before you bathed it?

Quote:
You should get all the incubators you want....All of them..... Need more silkies,,,,,got some on auction..... Now tell me about your turkeys, we don't have eggs yet, but soon - usually February....Dog, I'm jealous...LOL....Scuse me i just finished a tray of cookies and I'm a bit a little goofy - blame that chocolate!!!!!......

I'm getting some eggs together today, don't know what yet,,,,,but i'm working on it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile.png
And don't forget if you need eggs, we have them!

Glad I"m not the only one having cookies for breakfast
wink.png

I have blue slates and the hens just started laying. Butterball looks to be doing his job, so I have hopes that if I set this egg it will do a little something
fl.gif
There are 5 girls and a Tom in the pen, so far I get an egg every 3rd day so I'm just getting started for the season. I have a palm and a midget white in another pen that lay fairly regular, I was thinking of putting them in with the others to see if they get a date <wink-wink> but I don't want to start an uproar and have those that are laying stop laying.

Quote:

Good luck

How long did you wait before you bathed it?

As soon as I could tell she was glued to herself I started getting her bath tub ready. I just sat in front of a movie and soaked her, rubbed her, soaked her, rubbed her. Super glue could learn a thing or two from egg goo! That is some seriously sticky stuff!

Quote:
Thanks. Yes emu prefer space to run and play. People do keep them penned but not me. I like things running wild and free. well, as long as they stay on their home territory. My emus made a couple of uninvited visits to my neighbor's house.

I was wondering if you could free-range them. I wonder if one of the "fenceless dog collars" would work to keep them from roaming too far.
gig.gif

Sure, you try the dog collars and let me know how that works.

34566_bully-3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom