3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Awwwwww

Well since my hatch went south, I got a little carried away. I won 10 FBCM eggs and then went back and won 30 more from pure Davis lines. Gonna make up for this hatch. Maybe I'm supposed to always have bad NYD hatches, so my other go ok. Who knows.

Congrats to everyone who has fluffy butts running around. I haven't caught up on all the pics but I will.

Went out a while ago and my black AM roo, Clyde was missing. Hunted all over for him. I figured he was just gone. NOPE! He's sitting in an old smoker that was here when we moved here and just never done anything with. There are 2 eggs in there, that have to be really really bad, but when I pulled him out, he bit the heck out of the top of my hand and went back in and sat on them again. My poor confused roo is BROODY! I took a pic, but there's nothing there. arrrgggg

Quote:
Hatch-a-holism, the gift that just keeps on giving
big_smile.png

Nice save Mahonri and Princess Mahonri
wink.png

Quote:
Michelle, Chookschicks has a Rcom and she loves it. I like my Sportsman, but I have trouble getting the humidity up in it. Katy has the Genesis and she loves them. A lot of times you can ask 15 people with the same bator and you will get 15 answers.
wink.png

I know
smile.png
That's why I asked who's had bator failures, might help to narrow the field
idunno.gif

I incubate in a Sportsman and hatch in HovaBator Genesis. I love them.

For the first day of 2012, a day I do not have hatching chicks, I got off my significantly large butt and painted the front of the coop. FINALLY. First cover coat over the white primer (and small section originally painted a yellowy-green). I decided to go dark green. I'll have to get the vertical stripes later... or not.
roll.png

41679_greencoop.jpg

Quote:
That looks great! I don't envy you painting, though. I did my coop and discovered I didn't like the color and had to redo it. And I, too, have the barn boards. They're a pain with all their nooks and crannies. I ended up just slathering it on and then going back after about 30 minutes and cleaning up the drips.

Back
Top Bottom