3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

It's time, once again to go check on the chickies. I thought I'd share the joy of my stroll to the barn...

This is from the back deck as I start across the yard to the pasture

25270_1-1-2012_3.jpg

Once through the gate it's about 200 feet or so to the barn

25270_1-1-2012_4.jpg

See my sweet puppy waiting patiently for me? He is our livestock guardian. I penned him last night just in case the fireworks freaked him out, I didn't want him going over or under a fence and getting lost. He is a 6 month old Maremma and he is simply wonderful and completely oblivious to the cold. It's -12*F and he doesn't seem phased in the least
love.gif

25270_1-1-2012_5.jpg

Of course, the stroll is soooo worth it, look what's waiting for me

25270_1-1-2012_6.jpg

They even like to show us their "good sides".

25270_1-1-2012_7.jpg

Ok, now I'm off to the barn to see if the other 2 zippers are out and about yet.

Quote:
Wow beautiful shots. And I got a laugh at your "photobomb" chick pooping in the last picture, too! I can't believe how warm it is here and there's no snow! Seeing your snow reminds me of how it should look. Now do you snowblow/shovel out there? Or just beat a path down? How do you get your feed back there?

Quote:
I've been setting eggs the past few days for a slightly staggered hatch (18 marans and a bunch of mutt eggs).
I have 2 bators going with the new eggs; and another going with my quail for this hatch.

my newest bator arrived pretty much DOA.. luckily they have shipped out a replacement already

I picked up my Petersime Bator off CL & have been a hatching addict ever since.... The first step is to admit you have a problem right ~ Now whats the next step??
lau.gif
gig.gif

107940_p1017557.jpg

107940_p1016441_375x500.jpg

107940_p1016465_500x375.jpg

Sorry if any of you have seen my bator already
hide.gif

Quote:
Wow beautiful shots. And I got a laugh at your "photobomb" chick pooping in the last picture, too! I can't believe how warm it is here and there's no snow! Seeing your snow reminds me of how it should look. Now do you snowblow/shovel out there? Or just beat a path down? How do you get your feed back there?

BEAUTIFUL Pics, can I see another one of your wonderful pooch
droolin.gif
I am a dog enthusiast. (or what I call myself a dog dork) I love to be able to drive to the snow & enjoy it ~ Then come home where there is none
wink.png

The stroll was worth it, 5 more hatched, drying in the bator. A few more popped.

DH is surprised by how much better the hatch rate is over shipped eggs.

And as an added bonus, got another fertile turkey egg
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom