3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

I wash my equipment with soap and water, then disinfect with a product called Accel TB. It is a peroxide disinfectant, safe enough to use on food prep surfaces, and kills as wide a range of pathogens as bleach but without the toxicity of bleach. Comes in a spray, concentrate and a wipe.

Quote:
thanks
smile.png
I feel bad and keep thinking I could have started to tube feed her but my 'no, this must stop' brain went on after two days of her gasping for air and not eating. She was still standing up but just miserable, the poor thing.

I hope you feel better soon.
smile.png

I figured out who was beeping at me early this morning. It was another Bargain Marans. I gave it a little help since DH and I are leaving the house for several hours and I wouldn't be here if there were problems later. I'm going to let it dry and fluff up in the bator until we get home.

Isn't it funny that eggs set at the same time are hatching 5+ days apart, all over the country?

This has been so much fun! I'm glad I was able to participate. This was my first time in a group hatch.

Totally fun and knowledgable group of peeps, thank you.

Julie

Quote:
Do me a favor and remind me in a pm in about a month. Nothing should be mixed right now. No one is laying. LOL I'm adding lights next week or the next after that, so hopefully just a little while after that and I'll see eggs again. I'd love some buttons. I had some with this hatch, but the PO decided to shake the heck out of them I think. Out of 20 something I had 8 that weren't smashed. I had oozing chicken eggs from the same shipment and they were packaged really well. That's something you have to concider too with shipping. The Post Office isn't always nice to hatching eggs. Just getting even a few though is usually worth it. Just so you know, most of my birds are very good quality, but my Silkies are only so so.

Okz, (sorry if I didn't quote this right) if I don forget I'll pm you. That gives me a month to wire a thermostat into my incubator, collect eggs and do another test run. When I figure out how to post a picture on here, which I'm SOOOO close to getting right! I'll show u a picture of them. I always raise mine wit coturnix quail, it makes them a bit nicer.
smile.png

My NYD chicks are finally starting to hatch next door! I had to get after her for opening the bator on lockdown. She says, the eggs are peeping when i out them up to my ear:rolleyes: I am thinking none will hatch in my reptipro, after the door popped open by itself . I swear there was a jynx on the hatch this year.

Quote:
Mine's a Brinsea - easy clean up, unless it is time to unscrew the fan and dust the upper parts, which it isn't this time. pshew! I soap and water it and use a grapefruit seed extract solution to disinfect.
And when I clean the plexiglass window I always use a fabric cloth, cuz paper towels will scratch the plexiglass so bad nobody can see through!

ducks grow fast!!!

today is clean up Christmas... take chickies to their new home... try to take some pictures of the keeper chicks, maybe get some good shots of the naked neck and, ummm, move more strawberry plants? lol, probably should clean up the 'bator too.

Looking forward to more and more baby chick pics!

Quote:
I am..I had several hatch around midnight and later Jan1-2 so would like to give the remaining eggs till midnight tonight at least before I send in my number hatched.

Back
Top Bottom