February - I believe this was the "Assorted Box"
108549_dscn3077.jpg

April -
108549_dscn3073_crop.jpg

December -
108549_dscn2998.jpg

Quote:
re: feather sexing

The short answer is "No." It is a gene that is bred into them....kind of hatchery bio-engineering, if you will. If the gene is not there, you could be making a horrid mistake relying on this!

Quote:
It looks like little Chili is waving his winglet "Enough Already!!!!"
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
hugs.gif

Talk to the wing
ya.gif
:clap:ya

I have another one that just pipped and has been peeping for an hour or two, so I can't complete my total yet. This one says "Silkie X", so wondering how many toes she will have.
fl.gif
for one more
jumpy.gif
!

Is there anyone on this thread that has good quality Black Australorps? (or know of a BYCer who does?) I have not been able to find a good non hatchery source. Thanks in advance!!

Quote:
I am a strict OdoBan user for my kennel, house, & all! $10 makes 32 gallons & you can use it full strength also. I love to put it in my washing machine too smells great. This has to be the BEST all purpose cleaner, Deodorizer, Sanitizer, Disinfectant, Mildewstat, virucidal ~ can use on all surfaces, carpets, pet odor, laundry, RV holding tanks, Sewege backup. Kills 99.9% of yucky stuff
lol.png

Chick #5 just died. It hatched with an unabsorbed yolk sac, and wouldn't open its eyes. Its eyes were not crusty or anything, and I could very gently open them. Chick was covered with crusty "hatching residue". It would peep 3 times, then sleep a few minutes, then peep again. A little while ago, I heard DH cooing to the chick as he got ready to go upstairs to bed. I walked over to the incubator after he went up and noticed that the chick was dead....wonder if

So, 22 eggs set, 17 made it to lockdown, 5 hatched, 2 died. I just tossed all but 5, and I am afraid they will go too. I will wait until I get the kids off to school tomorrow to decide what to do about the last 5. I am fairly sure they are all early quitters, but one more day won't hurt, no stink yet. At least I got 14/24 from Christmas Day hatch. And, I still have my eggs from the Dec egg swap...and a bator full of cot quail.

Gotta bake a quick batch of cookies for the kids lunches ... then I am done, for tonight ( or is is morning already )

Quote:
re: feather sexing

The short answer is "No." It is a gene that is bred into them....kind of hatchery bio-engineering, if you will. If the gene is not there, you could be making a horrid mistake relying on this!

I knew it was too good to be true! I checked all my non-black NYD silkie chicks and, according to that video, they're all male.
sad.png
I guess I'll know in a few months if it's correct or not, because I'm keeping all my non-black silkies.

Back
Top Bottom