3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Mine are hatching now - these are the ones I set on Monday night because I was at the NFR and didn't get home until late almost forgot to set them so I have 16 eggs into lockdown 1 all the way out and several with pips and my turkeys I set with my first batch are peeping and they are not due until Thursday......it aint over yet

Quote:
Check this out............
http://animalsciences.missouri.edu/reprod/ReproTech/Feathersex/index.htm

Or this............

Yay!
Thanks you Kathy
hugs.gif

My hatch is complete, 24 set. 20 moved to the bator after the broodies bailed, 18 were locked down, 15 hatched and so
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
all look good.

These were all my own eggs, and for the winter I have everyone mixed so these will only be egg layers. Getting ready to separate into breeding groups to get pure eggs for later hatches.

Mine are hatching. I have two pipped quail eggs, and the chicken is out.
The chicken lost quite as bit of blood and is quite weak, I cornstarched the spot that was bleeding and put the chick on a piece of tissue to help keep it closed.
fl.gif

If it makes it I have some sav-a-chic on hand, hopefully that will bring some life back to the little one. I'm guessing it's a cornish/EE cross, or just an EE, no feathers on the legs so brahma is out.
Sure do hope it makes it.
hatch002.jpg

hit.gif

And then there were two. Just went out to check on the chicks and the SFH with the good feet was dead on the floor of the brooder.

I looked over all of the other chicks and they all look fine. Temp in the brooder is right at 90... plus they've all been eating like little pigs and all drinking fine...

Sometimes I can't win for loosing.

Quote:
SCG I had a light brahma chick like that last year. She wasn't sick but her eyes kept gooping up. I just kept washing her eyes with warm water using a q-tip. She eventually grew? out of it (IDK). It lasted a couple of weeks. Never thought of using vaseline, wonder if that would work well? It was kinda a PIA because it was every day. I tried giving her vitamins but that didn't seem to do anything but get me covered in vitamins. Today she is a healthy happy pullet and hopefully will start laying again soon. I reduced the amount of cockerels I had yesterday to see if that would help with the amounts of eggs we have been getting (1 a day at most out of like 15 hens).

Quote:
Hope it makes it. Most often when that much blood is lost, the outcome is not the best.

S/he's holding his/her head up, and making noise, breathing is normal now and seems to be behaving normally. I'm optimistic at this point.
Would you all go with the sav-a-chick or should I get some polyvisol to give the chick a boost?

Back
Top Bottom