3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Glad you got them, sorry it took me so long to send them (and sorry it wasn't a Kindle Fire). I hate going to the post office and try to avoid it at all costs. I went when I had to mail my niece's birthday presents.

Hope you like them. Don't eat the whole bag at once... if you do, uhm, just remember that you ate them the next time you use the restroom so you don't freak out.

3 more chicks hatched overnight! When I get home from work, I'll move them to the in-house temporary brooder with their siblings. Or would that be egglings?

Up to 7 BOs and 2 BAs.
wee.gif

Quote:
Congratulations!!!
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
So fun to see your cute fuzzies! Love the baby BOs!

Congratulations to the calendar winner!!! I never saw that photo on this thread. Adorable!

The naked neck has a death wish. This morning I found him limp and cold sitting outside the warm box again. At least yesterday he got stuck... today he didn't even try to get back in. I thought he was a goner, but he is chirping now. (first animal I've had do the gaspy thing and come back.) His name is now, Stupid, and I shall block the chicks into the warm box tonight. I'm pretty sure the stress of being frozen and dethawed twice is not good.

On the eating the soil thingy, it is most likely a pro-biotic, healthy intestinal flora interaction. In one of my old books (before commercialization took over everything) it said giving the chicks earthworms makes them grow better. Might have been William Cook's book on the Orpingtons... fowls for the times?

maybe the chick will be named Popsicle instead...

Quote:
Congratulations!!!
ya.gif
celebrate.gif
So fun to see your cute fuzzies! Love the baby BOs!

Congratulations to the calendar winner!!! I never saw that photo on this thread. Adorable!

The naked neck has a death wish. This morning I found him limp and cold sitting outside the warm box again. At least yesterday he got stuck... today he didn't even try to get back in. I thought he was a goner, but he is chirping now. (first animal I've had do the gaspy thing and come back.) His name is now, Stupid, and I shall block the chicks into the warm box tonight. I'm pretty sure the stress of being frozen and dethawed twice is not good.

On the eating the soil thingy, it is most likely a pro-biotic, healthy intestinal flora interaction. In one of my old books (before commercialization took over everything) it said giving the chicks earthworms makes them grow better. Might have been William Cook's book on the Orpingtons... fowls for the times?

maybe the chick will be named Popsicle instead...

HAHAHahhaaaa poor stupid NN chick. Ya know she just wants to be your pocket pet.
big_smile.png

Quote:
HAHAHahhaaaa poor stupid NN chick. Ya know she just wants to be your pocket pet.
big_smile.png

Is that what is going on??? But all it does, once it regains conscieness, is go chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp, chirp... which drives me crazy... so back in the warm box it goes! Are they all this stupid???

Back
Top Bottom