3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

Quote:
Give your lonely chick a small stuffed toy that it can cuddle up to under the heat lamp. They love them..........if you don't have one, use a sock stuffed into another sock. Just something soft that it can cuddle up to in the warm.

Quote:
hide.gif

Me...........and I haven't yet figured out what I'm doing with the 12 that just hatched.

Now I just need to get the plug that will allow me to run my incubator in my car on my drive to (and from) Oregon,
wink.png

Deb

Quote:
hide.gif

Me...........and I haven't yet figured out what I'm doing with the 12 that just hatched.

Now I just need to get the plug that will allow me to run my incubator in my car on my drive to (and from) Oregon,
wink.png

Deb

I've done that many times. Just be sure that you set them in egg cartons while you drive, so they don't roll around. I made that mistake once!

Quote:
Harvey Ussery writes a lot about using electronet for pasturing poultry. He's got an article about it on his website: http://www.themodernhomestead.us/article/Electronet-1.html. I can't help myself - I'm a huge fan of his. No favorite movie star, but - homesteading poultry experts? - I'd line up for an autograph!
lol.png

(BTW: I've lurked throughout the entire hatch. My husband says he's relieved that I am hatching vicariously through all of your hatches so we don't have chicks in the bathroom all winter!
big_smile.png
Great job, everyone, and congratulations all!
jumpy.gif
woot.gif
)

ChestnutRidge, thank you very much for posting that link from Harvery Ussery. I had not heard of him before, and I can see from even a very quick look at his website, that I'm going to get lots of useful stuff from there, gardening stuff in addition to poultry ideas. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom