3rd Annual New Year's Day Hatch!!

How is #29? I encourage you to get some baby parrot formula, as it has pre- and pro-biotics that really give them a boost, plus it tastes great so they eat better. I usually sprinkle gobs across their feed when I feel chicks need a boost- they go bonkers for it.

Isn't it a weird twist when you hope for boys, rather than girls on chicks? I've been there.

Yes, I got 4 of the Silkied Ams, and got a pair for a gal who'd been waiting on something of mine- hers arrived early Weds, mine arrived this morning, both having been shipped at the same moment and having had the same tracking info to a point...when mine dropped off of the face of the planet. I've blown my whole month's minutes and lit dozens of butts on fire across the country, and it worked- they arrived. I won't stop, either, because those at fault were apathetic stonewallers. Just do your dang job! A Consumer Affairs rep hung up on me. Now what in the world makes anyone think that is okay? I wasn't yelling or being nasty, just persistent.

Justifiably.

So now we know who bought the silkied Ams!

Moved 2/3rds of the NYD chicks from the Laree brooder to the grow out pen. They are all much more comfortable now.

And the booted SFH seems to be doing MUCH better.

I left 9 in the Laree brooder, including the Lav. Am, SFH, #29 and the 3 candidates to be the other SFH... (they could be Icelandics too) as well as the purebred Wheaten Am... and I'm thinking it's a pullet
sad.png
... I really wanted a roo.

All of the others in the grow out pen are doing good. 5 Chipmunk Icelandics, 4 whitish Icelandics, a black Icelandic, 4 FBCMs and a goodly number of EEs, including my bargain black EE... but it's looking rooish.

I've been watching the 49ers and the Saints and it looks like SF is going to win this unless Breeze can be protected and then kick it in gear. Can't wait to watch Tebow vs. Brady tonight.

So, I'm headed up the mountain and then I'll get Sunday dinner ready for the oven. I hope it doesn't rain like it's forecast to do.

All of the others in the grow out pen are doing good. 5 Chipmunk Icelandics, 4 whitish Icelandics, a black Icelandic, 4 FBCMs and a goodly number of EEs, including my bargain black EE... but it's looking rooish.
Dar, Don't give up on the "whitish" Icelandics...here is one of mine that is 5 1/2 months old and whose first set of chick feathers was white.......Disa

Of course, they could end up like Drifa.......shown here with Disa............

I lost Miss Puffles today. This morning at around 3:27a.m. I awoke to the sound of chicken screams. I burst outside and found that a Coon had snatched her. I put her in a box next the fire with a very soft blanket in hopes that she would be doing better in the morning. Well, she wasn't and I could see she was suffering.

I told her all about Chicken Heaven and how wonderful it is and then, as gently and quickly as possible, I sent her away to live there.

She is buried in the garden with a large piece of chocolate cake and a tombstone over her grave with a lovely orchid in a vase to mark it.

R.I.P Miss Puffles and I pray that Chicken Heaven is a wonderful place.

hit.gif

So very sorry you lost Miss Puffles. I hope you took good 'care' of that coon.

What kind of parrot food do you use?

How is #29? I encourage you to get some baby parrot formula, as it has pre- and pro-biotics that really give them a boost, plus it tastes great so they eat better. I usually sprinkle gobs across their feed when I feel chicks need a boost- they go bonkers for it.

Isn't it a weird twist when you hope for boys, rather than girls on chicks? I've been there.

Yes, I got 4 of the Silkied Ams, and got a pair for a gal who'd been waiting on something of mine- hers arrived early Weds, mine arrived this morning, both having been shipped at the same moment and having had the same tracking info to a point...when mine dropped off of the face of the planet. I've blown my whole month's minutes and lit dozens of butts on fire across the country, and it worked- they arrived. I won't stop, either, because those at fault were apathetic stonewallers. Just do your dang job! A Consumer Affairs rep hung up on me. Now what in the world makes anyone think that is okay? I wasn't yelling or being nasty, just persistent.

Justifiably.

thanks. can you give me a brand? do you get it from online?

just curious about it. i've never heard it has all the pre and pro botics. i'd like to look into it and see if maybe i could incorporate it into my program. or, more likely, take parts of it and incorporate.

thanks for your help.

She's referring to the hand-feeding formula for baby birds. I keep it on hand for emergencies with my finches. It's a little pricey, but can be stored in the freezer to extend the shelf-life.

Deb

I hope you were rooting for the Patriots. Tom wasn't going to be denied last night.
wink.png

I've been watching the 49ers and the Saints and it looks like SF is going to win this unless Breeze can be protected and then kick it in gear. Can't wait to watch Tebow vs. Brady tonight.

I use the Kaytee Exact. You should see feeding a baby finch....you use a tiny drop of formula on the end of a flat toothpick to start.

I mix such a tiny bit at a time, I store the opened bag in a ziploc freezer bag and just take out what I need per feeding. If I remember correctly, the bag says only a month after opening, but you can extend that by storing in the freezer. Probably not really an issue when using it for chicks.

I buy it at my local feed/pet store, but you can get it online. It's good to have on hand. It lasts quite awhile if the bag isn't open.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...=aps&hvadid=3931971741&ref=pd_sl_42r6mhynie_b

Deb

thanks. can you give me a brand? do you get it from online?

just curious about it. i've never heard it has all the pre and pro botics. i'd like to look into it and see if maybe i could incorporate it into my program. or, more likely, take parts of it and incorporate.

thanks for your help.

I use the Kaytee Exact. You should see feeding a baby finch....you use a tiny drop of formula on the end of a flat toothpick to start.

I mix such a tiny bit at a time, I store the opened bag in a ziploc freezer bag and just take out what I need per feeding. If I remember correctly, the bag says only a month after opening, but you can extend that by storing in the freezer. Probably not really an issue when using it for chicks.

I buy it at my local feed/pet store, but you can get it online. It's good to have on hand. It lasts quite awhile if the bag isn't open.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...=aps&hvadid=3931971741&ref=pd_sl_42r6mhynie_b

Deb
OMG!!! They are so tiny!

Back
Top Bottom