3wks, Pellets?

2txmedics

Songster
10 Years
Jul 5, 2009
Manvel Texas
When I bought my duckings at TSC, first let me say that I was told I bought 2 Pekins and 2 Mallards, this is what I have:
36033_dsc_0575.jpg

36033_dsc_0573.jpg

So we bought a big bag of feed, 17, 20lbs?? either one of those, its that mash feed, when can I move them over to PELLETS and can they eat the same PELLETS my flocks do? Laying Pellets

I was told by BYCer's that I do NOT have 2 mallards, one is a blue swedish.....lol

For the first 4-5 weeks I use 24% non-medicated chick starter. After that I switch them to 16% grower/finisher. Too much protein can lead to angel wing, which doesn't harm the bird, but isn't pretty. I'd keep them on the grower until they're at least 8-9 weeks old.

It's a disease that effects the growth of the wings in waterfowl. The last joint of the wing grows twisted, so when the feathers come in the bird has feathers sticking straight out from it's sides. Lol. Doesn't harm the bird, just looks funny. Google it for the full explanation and pictures.

2txmedics I use mazuri waterfowl starter for first four weeks and then go to 16 % chicken layer pellets. Have done this for many years. Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom