4-6 week chick wont stop chirping

Cherrybeeboo

In the Brooder
Jul 3, 2022
I picked up 4 free 4-6 week brahma chicks a couple days ago issue is one will not stop chirping 24/7 only when they sleep or they have been held for a long while, its eating and drinking fine, its got the brooder on in there on one side so they have a very warm and cold side, it has no visible issues its butt is clean and normal same with its face area it walks fine with no lethargy
It just wont stop chirping and its driving me crazy, its a very loud chirp much louder than any chicks i have had before im even looking to rehome it because it wont stop its honestly worse than having a rooster i need help

If they are 4-6 weeks old, they won’t need much or any heat. It might be too warm. What is the room or outside temperature where they are kept? Chicks do peep a lot. Are they in your house or outside? Is the chick eating and drinking normally and walking around normally?

If they are 4-6 weeks old, they won’t need much or any heat. It might be too warm. What is the room or outside temperature where they are kept? Chicks do peep a lot. Are they in your house or outside? Is the chick eating and drinking normally and walking around normally?
The brooder plate is on its side on one side of the cage( i worry they will burn their heads under it as they are too tall), they snuggle up to it occasionally but my room where they are kept is not that warm, i dont know the temperature of the room but its like under 20 where i live and the room is similar temp, this chick is chirping nonstop im not over exaggerating , they dont even stop while eating they will try to chirp in between bites, they eat fine and act perfect apart from the chirping its not normal chattiness its like they have no off button. Its very loud like an alarm that wont turn off

I feel you! We had chicks inside the house for a long time. They cheep alot when they're raised without a hen. I would cuddle the loud ones, also give it nutri drench just to make sure that perhaps it was a runt and didn't get as much food. What are you feeding them? Where are they housed? Can they see through a window? Can you post some pics of the chick and of the set up?

Back
Top Bottom