4 Down in 1 Week

chickanddoglvr

In the Brooder
9 Years
Oct 7, 2010
Cincinnati Oh
I have no idea what is grabbing my chickens!!! The first night I lost 2, and only found one trail of feathers. the second night something got in my coop and grabbed one, no idea how it is COMPLETELY PREDATOR PROOF!!! still haven't found out how they got in, but I put electric fence along the outside of the coop, so now it is impossible(cross my fingers) to get in. Now tonight i went to put them back inside and found i was missing another one!!! They free roam, at 8:50 i went out to put them in and they wouldn't go in so i came back out at 9:20 and i was missing one. No trail of feathers or anything, its really starting to piss me off, it makes no sense. Any idea on who could be my predator, or any other ideas, i dont want to have to put up a fence, they like free roaming, but i see no other option.
Thanks,

Nick

Foxes are sly animals that are more than likely nabbing your chickens. Putting up a fence can help to keep it out, but he might find a way around there too. My suggestion - set a trap. I'm an animal person, so I would set a live trap and relocate the thing FAR away from your home. Based off of your description though, I am fairly confident that it is a fox. Best of luck.

I had raccoons reach in my coop and take 2 of my chicks. The only feathers we found were where they were pulled through the chicken wire. :( if something made its way into
Your coop I would check for opossums! You would be shocked at the tiniest places they can
Get in through. Like cstronks said.. Set a trap so you know exactly what you are up against. Let us know what you find!

Back
Top Bottom