4 week old chicks are driving me nuts!

pretty_chicken

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 1, 2010
Baraboo
My 6 little girls seem huge! They are at that stage where they keep finding ways out of their brooder box, eating like horses, and whine at me until I let them play outside. I'm having a hard time dealing with the fact they need to stay in the house for another 4 weeks, lol. Seems I have 6 little princesses on my hands.
wink.png

SANY0849.jpg

SANY0847.jpg

from left to right: Caroline, Eleanore, Owl, Bellina, Martha, and Marion

They're so cute! Even though they're messy and loud and demanding at that stage, I think they're so adorable and funny at that stage. With their big huge feet, haha!

Why do you think they need to stay inside for another 4 weeks? I have some the same age that have been outside for almost a week already. As long as you have a secure place for them where you can have a heat lamp for them, they can get out of the wind and stay dry if it rains they'll be fine.

Quote:
What silkie said. I can't see any reason why they need to stay inside until they are 10 weeks old.

Oh there might be hope then! I just thought it was the general rule to keep them in the brooder until they are 8 weeks. It's still pretty cold out at night too, not sure if the lamp would be enough. Thanks for the tip!

Back
Top Bottom