4 week old from Meyer Rare Breed Assortment

Pics

0range

Songster
May 29, 2022
Wisconsin
This little cutie is stumping me. She is from the Meyer Hatchery rare breed assortment. I thought maybe a splash maran but she has no markings still at 4 weeks and I don't think her leg/foot coloring is right. Sorry the photos aren't great but I'm hoping they are good enough. Thanks!

Breed possibilities according to the Meyer website:

"Mottled Ancona, Barnevelder, Blue (BBS) Andalusian, Blue (BBS) Laced Red Wyandotte, Dominique, Black Jersey Giant, Light and Dark Brahmas, Silver Spangled Hamburg, Speckled Sussex, Silver Spangled Spitzhauben Appenzeller, Buckeye, Black Sumatra, Partridge, White and Blue (BBS) Cochin, Silver Laced, White Crested Blue (BBS), White Crested Black, Blue (BB), Buff Laced and Golden Laced Polish, Black Copper, Blue Splash, Golden Cuckoo, Blue Birchen, Blue Copper, and Cuckoo Marans, Salmon Faverolles, Welsummer, Exchequer Leghorn, White Sultan, Blue (BBS) Ameraucana, Blue (BBS), Jubilee, Black Split and Lavender Orpingtons, Heritage Barred and Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock, Mottled Houdan, Cream and Frost White Legbar, Swedish Flower, Egyptian Fayoumis, Partridge Penedesenca, Black Jersey Giant, Columbian and Blue (BBS) Laced Red Wyandottes. You may also receive some of our specialty hybrids such as the Olive Egger, Green Queen, Steele Egger, and other rare breeds as they are added to our rare breed offerings."

1.5 weeks old
IMG_2455.JPG

3 weeks old
IMG_2516.JPG

The rest of the photos are at 4 weeks old
IMG_2609 (1).jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

IMG_2588.jpg

It's not listed as a possible breed, but perhaps she's a white Easter Egger? She has almost no tail so I'm not sure what else she could be.

Ooh that's a fun guess! I do love my Black Jersey Giants. But I checked their website and they don't list that as a breed they sell and I think that WJG chicks aren't pure white. Here is a picture of this sassy little chick yesterday. I still don't know what it is and I'm starting to think it's a boy but I'm enjoying watching it grow up regardless.

IMG_2704.jpg

Back
Top Bottom