5 Buff Orpington Hens, 4 are Crowing

minime21

Chirping
Sep 21, 2015
Hi all.

I got 5 buff orpington pullets, 4 are now crowing, morning, afternoon and then again at evening. We live out but we do have 1 neighbour and I worry about the noise.

I'm unsure whats going on... I dont understand how I can have 4 hens and they are all crowing!

They have a 6m x 3m run. Large coup, and a field to run around in all day...

I have attached pictures.... they don't fight so im guessing they are not Cockerell.

Any advice would be a great help.

Attachments

• 20210123_124959.jpg
    20210123_124959.jpg
    668.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20210123_124947.jpg
    20210123_124947.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 35
Thanks everyone. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️ pretty tough on my 4 year old who goes out and feeds them everyday.... and checks for eggs 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

If anyone wants a cockerell let me know asap please. We are sutton bridge, Lincolnshire.

Try offering them on the buy/sell/trade section of the forums. As mild-mannered as they seem to be they might be able to find new homes.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/chickens-8-weeks-older.35/

Be sure to include your location in the title and photos in the ad. :)

They're lovely looking roosters, hopefully someone will want them!

Did you get them as chicks? I can forgive some oops roosters in day olds, but I'd certainly expect a refund if I'd been sold POL roosters. Either way, I'd let the seller know.

I hope you're successful rehoming asap - they won't be so docile towards each other forever. My first chicks developed into too many roosters, and I'd thought to keep 2 (an alpha and one that was always pretty submissive), and that was great until about 9-10 months old when they tried to kill each other.

Back
Top Bottom