5 out of 6 shipped eggs developing :D but himidity problem :(

Moorat

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 12, 2010
London, UK
Its day 6 of incubation and after candling the 6 silkie chicken eggs that I was abit doubtful about after the amount of time they spent in the post, to my suprise 5 are developing
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
I couldnt of asked for better results lets just hope that the hatch day is just as good
thats what im worried about though because my silly climate here in london is high in humidity, so my incubators humidity is 55-60% whenever one of the water reservoirs are filled but when I dont fill it up it stays at 30%
barnie.gif
I cant find a medium ideal condition and theres no vents to open or anything with this incubator, its the Brinsea mini advance
what Im doing so far is letting it be at 60% for a few days and then when the water evaporates I let it be at 30% for a few days so it averages out somewhere inbetween
is this a good idea? or should I just keep the humidity at one level and hope for the best? any advice is appreciated
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

I think if I was you I would stop adding water. In a high humidity environment you will probably need less internal humidity to get the evaporation you need.

Just candle every week an compare them to this chart.
aircells.gif

If you start getting ahead of the chart then I would add water.

thanks for the reply! yeah ok thats what im gonna do, i saved the pik and once the water evaporates im gnna just leave it and keep an eye out for the air cells and see from there, thanks
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom