• 20230516_192221.jpg
    20230516_192221.jpg
    583.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230516_192218.jpg
    20230516_192218.jpg
    580 KB · Views: 39
Thank you. He

Is sooo sweet. Likes to cuddle so I may have to keep him
I would do a little research into how to raise a good rooster if you plan to keep him. I just got our first accidental cockerel and he was the same - so cuddly! So sweet! Just wanted to be held! ...Only to realize that overly handling a young cockerel can be one of the things that contributes to bad behavior down the road. Not saying you have to take my word for it or anything, but I have really stopped handling my cockerel more than necessary since realizing he was a boy, and will hopefully also be getting him in with the bigger hens as soon as we can, to help teach him some manners. I hope he works out well for you!

I would do a little research into how to raise a good rooster if you plan to keep him. I just got our first accidental cockerel and he was the same - so cuddly! So sweet! Just wanted to be held! ...Only to realize that overly handling a young cockerel can be one of the things that contributes to bad behavior down the road. Not saying you have to take my word for it or anything, but I have really stopped handling my cockerel more than necessary since realizing he was a boy, and will hopefully also be getting him in with the bigger hens as soon as we can, to help teach him some manners. I hope he works out well for you!
How interesting. Thank you for the tips. Yeah some of the things he does is cute while being little but I wouldn't want him flying to my shoulder to play with my hair when he is big. Alway love learning from other people's experience. Hope your roo does well too!

Digging the new thumbnail Chipmunk!

Back
Top Bottom