5 weeks Ready for outside?

shaneensmith

Songster
Nov 26, 2018
Quesnel, BC
Hello all. I have 4 little chicks. 5 weeks or so. Can they go outside yet? :)
20190602_065831.jpg

I put my light brahma, barred rock golden laced out a little later because my lt brahma took a lot longer to grow her feathers in and thr weather was still pretty cool at night
I put my polish and silke out a little younger as they were fully feathered and had each other to keep warm at night

Yours look plenty old enough.
How I introduce them to my others

They have their own section of the coop with chicken wire separating them so my other 3 can see and get to know them.
After a week or so they had supervised pen time with each other With me sitting out with them. Now after a week or 2 they normally would be ready to all be together.
When it seems to you that they are all getting along they can be together all the time. Nothing more than normal pecking determing pecking order is going on

Good luck they are super cute

The only adults I have is my 4 year old Nh red and 2 batman roos
All the others are still young
Have the 5 week olds been exposed to the adults and vise versa?
You appear to have at least 2 cockerels in your group of 4 so things are going to get dicey if you don't keep the boys separate from the pullets or rehome a bunch of them.

Have the 5 week olds been exposed to the adults and vise versa?
You appear to have at least 2 cockerels in your group of 4 so things are going to get dicey if you don't keep the boys separate from the pullets or rehome a bunch of them.

I actually had to separate my buff brahma roo .. as sweet as he is he is not sweet to the new additions. He gets vicious to my light brahma.
Hes still in the same outside pen but separated by chicken wire i didn't want him to be totally isolated

Its working well with my d'uccle bantam guarding the flock he does a good job and is never aggressive with any of the ladies

I have let my buff brahma in with the flock only while I am in there with them and he is fine. Does his guarding let's them know there's treats. Flirts
Dont leave him alone with them thougj

Back
Top Bottom