50lb Grit

matsechler

Songster
9 Years
Apr 14, 2014
Utah
So looking online for a better price on 50 LB bag of grit since no one carries it around here, and found this one. Just wanted to know what everyone thinks since its not granite.

http://www.midlandhardware.com/179824.html#.U-UEcKi7nhk

"50 LB, #2, 3/16 in., Cherry Stone Grit, Plastic Bag Is A Multi Purpose, Sharp, Crushed Rock That Can Be Sold As Poultry Grit To Aid In The Digestion Process For Poultry, Can Also Be Used As A Natural Alternative To Harsh Salts Which Can Cause Flaking & Scaling Of Concrete, 100% Quartzite, Environmentally Friendly Grit Will Not Dissolve, Become Mushy, Stain Surfaces Or Hasten The Deterioration Of Concrete Surfaces, Angular Shape It Is More Effective At Preventing Slips & Falls Than Regular Sand."

That's perfect. It doesn't HAVE to be granite, it just needs to be some insoluble sharp stone.

ETA

I use the same stuff in #1, #2 and #3 sizes delivered with my feed.

Last edited:
What about pigeon grit, does anyone use that? I saw it had a lot of different stuff in it so wasn't sure.

What about pigeon grit, does anyone use that? I saw it had a lot of different stuff in it so wasn't sure.
Pigeon Grit works well, the Red grit w/ granite and or flint is best. (watch some have granite and or flint, some just have oyster shell as a grit)

Back
Top Bottom