6 eggs in one day?

apescute

In the Brooder
Feb 1, 2016
I went out to my coop this morning and there were 6 eggs in one nest! My duck usually lays one egg a day but hasn't layed any in a few days. I went out this morning and there were 6! All of our chickens are too young to lay eggs plus they are silkies so the eggs would be little. Is this normal?

Happens to me all the time... usually after a week-long bender
lau.gif

I went out to my coop this morning and there were 6 eggs in one nest! My duck usually lays one egg a day but hasn't layed any in a few days. I went out this morning and there were 6! All of our chickens are too young to lay eggs plus they are silkies so the eggs would be little. Is this normal?
I think what happened to you happened to me this morning, But my ducks was hiding eggs in her shavings and just uncovered them I am thinking this is what happened at your house too. What breed is your duck sounds like she is building a nest.
wink.png

She is a mallard. I don't think she was hiding any eggs. We were just in the coop last night and there were no eggs to be found.

Today my chickens all laid one egg.. (I have 4 chickens). This evening I noticed my RIR was acting funny.. kinda of slow moving... So I kept going out and checking on her.. she just laid two more eggs... One had a soft shell and the other really had no shell.. will she be ok and why did this happen?? Help!!

Today my chickens all laid one egg.. (I have 4 chickens). This evening I noticed my RIR was acting funny.. kinda of slow moving... So I kept going out and checking on her.. she just laid two more eggs... One had a soft shell and the other really had no shell.. will she be ok and why did this happen?? Help!!

Is she new to laying? Are you using supplemtal lights?

Back
Top Bottom