6 Month Old Blue Laced Red Wyandotte Rooster in Oregon needs new home

kristine16

Chirping
Sep 21, 2020
We got chicks in August. We ordered hens but ended up with two roosters. Up until recently things had been going well with everyone and the plan was to keep them both if we could. However, the two boys have started fighting. We've considered all of our options and have decided that if we can find Big Poppa a great new home that will be the best solution. He has never been aggressive towards people but also is not interested in having much to do with us. The whole flock is only 6 months old so they are all still trying to figure out the mating thing. Big Poppa is good with the Wyandotte hens but we also have 3 Polish hens and he enjoys tugging their head feathers. He has not actually caused any damage but they certainly don't enjoy it and he doesn't seem to have much respect for them. The other rooster is nice to them so that is why we've decided to rehome Big Poppa. He has been living in a coop so a free range situation for him would be new. We absolutely do not want him to go to someone who will slaughter him. As his name indicates, he's a pretty big guy and he is absolutely beautiful. I am not someone who has ever rehomed an animal so I will take finding his new home very seriously.
-Not for slaughter
-I need to deliver him to you and see for myself his new home. (Masked and socially distanced of course)
-I am willing to travel with him but if the interested party is more than an hour away I will need to see photos of their setup first.
-His ideal flock will NOT include other roosters or crested breeds of hens (such as Polish or Silkies)
-Someone with rooster experience is preferred
I am in Dallas, OR but will travel for good home.

Attachments

• IMG_1948.jpg
    IMG_1948.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1949.jpg
    IMG_1949.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
I hope you luck finding a home, but just also want to point out it might be harder if you insist on seeing the set up. A lot of people here don't allow outsiders around their flocks

We got chicks in August. We ordered hens but ended up with two roosters. Up until recently things had been going well with everyone and the plan was to keep them both if we could. However, the two boys have started fighting. We've considered all of our options and have decided that if we can find Big Poppa a great new home that will be the best solution. He has never been aggressive towards people but also is not interested in having much to do with us. The whole flock is only 6 months old so they are all still trying to figure out the mating thing. Big Poppa is good with the Wyandotte hens but we also have 3 Polish hens and he enjoys tugging their head feathers. He has not actually caused any damage but they certainly don't enjoy it and he doesn't seem to have much respect for them. The other rooster is nice to them so that is why we've decided to rehome Big Poppa. He has been living in a coop so a free range situation for him would be new. We absolutely do not want him to go to someone who will slaughter him. As his name indicates, he's a pretty big guy and he is absolutely beautiful. I am not someone who has ever rehomed an animal so I will take finding his new home very seriously.
-Not for slaughter
-I need to deliver him to you and see for myself his new home. (Masked and socially distanced of course)
-I am willing to travel with him but if the interested party is more than an hour away I will need to see photos of their setup first.
-His ideal flock will NOT include other roosters or crested breeds of hens (such as Polish or Silkies)
-Someone with rooster experience is preferred
I am in Dallas, OR but will travel for good home.
I can’t figure out if I can edit this post, but on the advice above; if you would like him but don’t like the idea of me coming to see where he’d be living, let’s talk and see if we can compromise. I just really want to make sure he gets a good home.

Back
Top Bottom