6 week old silkie tries to fly

Momma 2 silkies

Songster
7 Years
May 26, 2012
I have 10 silkie chicks that still sleep in a brooder at night. One of my pullets (or so I hope) tries to fly out every morning when I come in to feed them. Their feeder gets filled every morning and night if it is empty, most times it's not. I was just wondering if this is normal? I know that silkies don't really fly because of their feathers being so different but it doesn't seem to stop this little girl from trying. I know when they are outside they stretch out their wings by flapping them and hopping around but this is different. This little girl also likes to be picked up and loved on. I just find her very interesting. This is one of my girls, I hope.

I have never been around silkies but would suspect they would have the instinct to try to fly. They are birds.

I know, I just found it to be so cute and wanted to share. A few of my cockerels have started it to. I can't believe how fast they grow up.

awwww
woot.gif
wee.gif

Usaully any baby chicks jumps at about 4 weeks and on. Its ok if they dont and ok if they do

Back
Top Bottom