6 week RIR and Lavender Orpington and 3 week Silver Sebright - Can you tell if Roo or Pullet?

Everyone looks female. That red hen should be laying literally any day now, are you sure it was crowing and not egg song/cackling?

Thanks! Yeah, I am pretty sure it was more of a cockadoodle-doo sound - it was kind of quiet and only once. When I've had chickens in the past their egg songs were long and loud! LOL

But now that you've mentioned it, I'm going to go check to see if there is an egg out there!
big_smile.png

The LO is a hen. Mine is a bit younger and is all boy looking even though he's been quite about it.
Thank you! I was curious about her because she's huge compared to the RIR, and she's the most aggressive one in the bunch. I'll wait and see if I hear any crowing tomorrow too. I have also read on the forums that sometimes a hen will crow, especially if there are no roosters around.

It's not common for a hen to crow. The silver laced sebright looks like a pullet but, both sexes have henny feathers so can't be sure yet.

It's not common for a hen to crow. The silver laced sebright looks like a pullet but, both sexes have henny feathers so can't be sure yet.
Thanks, yeah, my intuition just had me thinking it was the sebright who did it. Just sounded like her somehow. I haven't heard any crowing since that one time, so maybe she was just clearing her throat?! LOL
tongue.png
I'll update again in a few weeks or if I hear it again! Thanks everyone!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom